Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

walshb wrote: »
    Rave: Hoping Dublin gets a fair referee at the weekend. Bad enough that the other 31 counties want you to lose......

Join the club, Us Tyrone people have been getting this all year.
    In saying that I'll be back here raving on Saturday if Mayo beat the dirty Dubs. Up Mayo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

menoscemo wrote: »
    Join the club, Us Tyrone people have been getting this all year.
    In saying that I'll be back here raving on Saturday if Mayo beat the dirty Dubs. Up Mayo :D

Mayo were far dirtier - they just got away with it. Up de Dubs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

All the GAA posting on this forum - less work for me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tom Joad wrote: »
    All the GAA posting on this forum - less work for me :)

Plenty of work for you over on GAA from what I can see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Thankfully Joe McQuillan isn't playing for Mayo this Sat.

He gave a penalty to Dublin for a foul outside the area, he awarded Brogans wide as a point, he gave a yellow card for coopers attach on D OConnor (the worst act on a pitch since Martin O Conell used Peter Canavans head for a starting block) he repeatedly gave frees against Aiden OSe as he was physically and verbally asuited (something ye all hand wringingly despise in Tyrone). He black carded MDMA (the most over rated ineffective footballer who ever played) in error his only token mistake toward the dubs. Short of kicking points himself what more do you want from a referee ? Your all up in arms because cowpie is suspended for a common assault(not his first he is a dab hand), I'm surprised the thug didn't use knuckle dusters or a knife, and you will campaign for that scumbag and say it's an outrage he doesn't get to play.Trow into the mix the fact that Dublin have eternal home advantage EVEN IN REPLAYS!! And you still complain about fair play? I can only laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

ultrapercy wrote: »
    He gave a penalty to Dublin for a foul outside the area, he awarded Brogans wide as a point, he gave a yellow card for coopers attach on D OConnor (the worst act on a pitch since Martin O Conell used Peter Canavans head for a starting block) he repeatedly gave frees against Aiden OSe as he was physically and verbally asuited (something ye all hand wringingly despise in Tyrone). He black carded MDMA (the most over rated ineffective footballer who ever played) in error his only token mistake toward the dubs. Short of kicking points himself what more do you want from a referee ? Your all up in arms because cowpie is suspended for a common assault(not his first he is a dab hand), I'm surprised the thug didn't use knuckle dusters or a knife, and you will campaign for that scumbag and say it's an outrage he doesn't get to play.Trow into the mix the fact that Dublin have eternal home advantage EVEN IN REPLAYS!! And you still complain about fair play? I can only laugh.

Jesus, that was a rant of epic proportions :) Up the Dubs

Technically I'd class that as a Rant rather than a Rave - a top class Rant though. Just saying ...;) Up de Dubs :)

Jesus, that was a rant of epic proportions :) Up the Dubs

Snap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Need a breather? You're going a bit overboard there on the DC hate, well done.
    I predict even more Mayo men to collapse as if shot tomorrow, as thats the only way they scored last week. Up the Dubs.

Need a breather? You're going a bit overboard there on the DC hate, well done.
    I predict even more Mayo men to collapse as if shot tomorrow, as thats the only way they scored last week. Up the Dubs.

What you mean like Philly McMahon?
    Wasn't it so funny that none of the Dubs were calling for an 8 week ban for him after last Sunday?

• Advertisement

Wasn't it so funny that none of the Dubs were calling for an 8 week ban for him after last Sunday?

Technically you & I should be neutrals tomorrow but .....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Hope its another epic encounter. Thought the Dubs were better the last day and controlled most of the game. The easy matches this year might have made them underestimate Mayo once Dublin made the (should have been) winning burst on the scoreboard.

I usually support Sligo or Dublin, but as neighbours, Im supporting Mayo this time even though my native county never got anything but severe belittlement from them on football matters (off pitch). Ill be supporting whoever wins in the final.

If I see one red and green painted sheep though, or hear of one Mayo reg-ed tractor in Sligo town, i'm switching to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

God I hate Gaa...

Rave: In a few weeks all this nonsense will be finished! :)

Not one of his McMahons prouder moments, but keeping O'Shea quiet for the game is good enough for me.

At least McMahon didn't embarrass himself in a post match interview.

As for "MDMA (the most over rated ineffective footballer who ever played)".... yeah, only two All Irelands to his name, a National league, 2 all stars and one player of the tear award for 2013... thats cos he's crap :)

Not one of his McMahons prouder moments, but keeping O'Shea quiet for the game is good enough for me.

At least McMahon didn't embarrass himself in a post match interview.

Yeah sure throw a few headbutts and a few boxes at people while they are on the ground. Seems like a proper gent.
    But as you say at least he didn't embarrass himself in the post match interview. That's the most important thing :rolleyes:

Yeah sure throw a few headbutts and a few boxes at people while they are on the ground. Seems like a proper gent.
    But as you say at least he didn't embarrass himself in the post match interview. That's the most important thing :rolleyes:

AOS clearly pulls McMahon towards him and thats how CCCC saw it too.

Anyway, I don't want to take up this thread with GAA. So may the best team win, ie Dublin. :)

Only one way to solve this - a GAA match for the forum Dubs v the rest. Be the fittest set of players to ever take to a GAA field :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If we could apply the term p4p to the counties the Dubs are sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Only one way to solve this - a GAA match for the forum Dubs v the rest. Be the fittest set of players to ever take to a GAA field :D:D

Poor auld Jerry Kiernan wouldn't know what to make of this suggestion. Athletics and GAA in one field.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

Get them while they're young.

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/gaa-shoulder/307395

Twas a fair shoulder ref.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Beef wrote: »
    Poor auld Jerry Kiernan wouldn't know what to make of this suggestion. Athletics and GAA in one field.

Hate when Gaelic Football is referred to as GAA. GAA is an organisation. Gaelic Football is a sport (apparently).

pconn062 wrote: »
    God I hate Gaa...

Rave: In a few weeks all this nonsense will be finished! :)

And on a RUNNING forum too - where are the running police when you need them :rolleyes::p

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hate when Gaelic Football is referred to as GAA. GAA is an organisation. Gaelic Football is a sport (apparently).

GAA is perfectly acceptable - everyone knows it means Gaelic football and stick fighting refers to the other code! Simple really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

kit3 wrote: »
    And on a RUNNING forum too - where are the running police when you need them :rolleyes::p

Out running, loads of them in the BHAA.

GAA is perfectly acceptable - everyone knows it means Gaelic football and stick fighting refers to the other code! Simple really :D

Can we get a dedicated stick fighting forum? Not a sub forum mind you.

Out running, loads of them in the BHAA.

Or maybe on their holidays ;) They'd usually be moaning by now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Maybe start talking about X player on drugs and you'll get a reaction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

My wife was disgusted I'd jump on and down when mayo got the goal and the kids copied me ( she is a dub).

She was even more disgusted when she said if Dublin v Wexford and your kid was playing for Dublin, who would you shout for?

Simple answer: Wexford!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I'm over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Maybe start talking about X player on drugs and you'll get a reaction ;)

Sure the Dubs are full of it:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement