Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dubgal72 wrote: »

Saw that yesterday. Had to be Japanese.

Rave: The Japanese diet!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

And this 100y/o just got voted USATF athlete of the week.

http://www.usatf.org/News/Centenarian-wins-USATF-Athlete-of-the-Week.aspx

Video on BBC here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/34337852

Some week for the masters athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭williestroker1

Was he drug tested?:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I just spent the last 10 mins chatting to one of my heroes Ronnie Delaney and he told ME it was a pleasure. #bowled over :D

photo to follow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

This Page on FB. It's like Waterford Whispers does #RSP :pac::pac:

(I Promise it's not me :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

menoscemo wrote: »
    This Page on FB. It's like Waterford Whispers does #RSP :pac::pac:

(I Promise it's not me :p)

Brilliant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wales :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

what about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Dragons>Chariots :D

• Advertisement

Getting ridiculously excited tracking Irish runners in the Berlin Marathon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fun and games for the selectors now!

Fun and games for the selectors now!

Hate to see any of them missing out! great performances today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Out clubs cross country was on Sunday last (Star of the Sea). True to his motto of being on time first man there was Michael O'Leary with his son and a strong contingent from Mullingar.

Great to see someone so high profile and obviously a very busy man there watching a load of kids run around the fields on a Sunday morning. He also seemed to be very supportive of them as they finished their races. His own son came 2nd in his race so obviously a bit of talent there as well.

Last I saw of him he was in the queue for the ice cream van with the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Out clubs cross country was on Sunday last (Star of the Sea). True to his motto of being on time first man there was Michael O'Leary with his son and a strong contingent from Mullingar.

Great to see someone so high profile and obviously a very busy man there watching a load of kids run around the fields on a Sunday morning. He also seemed to be very supportive of them as they finished their races. His own son came 2nd in his race so obviously a bit of talent there as well.

Last I saw of him he was in the queue for the ice cream van with the kids.
    I hope they charged him extra for the flake and syrup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aero2k

Running in the Phoenix Park early this morning. Watching the rising sun burn away the blanket of fog that hung over the grass. Sharing my favourite place with the deer on Furze Road. Exchanging many friendly greetings with walkers, runners, cyclists and motorists - it seemed like the whole world wanted to make my run as wonderful as it could be.

Completing a tempo run with tears streaming down my face, as I thought of my poor little ma, who passed away in the early hours of this morning. She always wondered how I could run for over 26 miles, but I know my 10 marathons were nothing to the battles she has fought in the last weeks and months.

You've reached the finish line Ma, enjoy your rest now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

aero2k wrote: »
    Running in the Phoenix Park early this morning. Watching the rising sun burn away the blanket of fog that hung over the grass. Sharing my favourite place with the deer on Furze Road. Exchanging many friendly greetings with walkers, runners, cyclists and motorists - it seemed like the whole world wanted to make my run as wonderful as it could be.

Completing a tempo run with tears streaming down my face, as I thought of my poor little ma, who passed away in the early hours of this morning. She always wondered how I could run for over 26 miles, but I know my 10 marathons were nothing to the battles she has fought in the last weeks and months.

oh aero :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

What a lovely post and what a lovely way to remember her in a very special place. Very sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

That's one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read.

So sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Respect...for you and your Ma. I know what you're going through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Sorry for your loss aero2k.

Lizzie Lee interview in the Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/lizzie-lee-first-in-line-for-rio-selection-1.2370028

So humble... and who knew pregnancy makes you a better runner!! (at last an advantage for the women)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

annapr wrote: »
    Lizzie Lee interview in the Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/lizzie-lee-first-in-line-for-rio-selection-1.2370028

So humble... and who knew pregnancy makes you a better runner!! (at last an advantage for the women)

I think it was reasonably well known, actually. I've certainly discussed the phenomenon with other male runners.

davedanon wrote: »
    I think it was reasonably well known, actually. I've certainly discussed the phenomenon with other male runners.

well duh, i never knew :p

then again I wasn't thinking about running when I was pregnant :eek:

annapr wrote: »
    .... and who knew pregnancy makes you a better runner!! (at last an advantage for the women)

Hhhmmm interesting. .....get knocked up for the sake of my running???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Ososlo wrote: »

possibly a step too far A !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

Worth a try, well documented successful outcomes. PM me when the time is right, we can work on it together or just swipe right on Tinder

Ron Gomall wrote: »
    Worth a try, well documented successful outcomes. PM me when the time is right, we can work on it together or just swipe right on Tinder

Wow the generosity of some posters on this forum never fails to amaze!
    What a truly great offer Ron!
    Rave: Ron!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Ultrapussy

Wow the generosity of some posters on this forum never fails to amaze!
    What a truly great offer Ron!
    Rave: Ron!

I wouldn't get your hopes up as I suspect that Ron's the sort of 'guy' where it would all be over before it even started - seems to like the sound of his own 'voice'. Even if he were to use some sort of medical intervention to help raise a second smile, I'm sure he'd fire blanks.

• Advertisement

Rave: The capital expenditure plans for Ireland!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement