Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Ed Mc wrote:
    My wife quitting her shtie job that caused nothing but stress. "All you need is love" Daa da daa da daaa

My OH had a similar situation a while back. Hated her job but worried about money. Thankfully she left it. Now she has a lower paying job that she is much happier in and ours is a far happier house. Money ain't everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

3 more world championship medals from our Irish boxers when some of our best fighters didn't even go.

Michael Conlon, 2 wins away from being world, european and commonwealth champion.

RRSP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rave: The bunch of Irish rabid dogs on the pitch in Cardiff yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Catherina McKiernan winning the ladies race yesterday in the 10K named after her in Cavan.

The real rave though is her daughter winning the 5K. 19:54 for an Under 14 seems pretty decent time as well.

Rave: Two possible gold medals in the World Amateur Boxing finals on Wednesday and Thursday. It's doing the rds I see: COYBIG!

• Advertisement

Rave: The late Garda Golden's courage.

Rant: Him possibly being made or being allowed go to a known terrorist suspect's house alone!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »

Michael Conlon, 2 wins away from being world, european and commonwealth champion.

Now lets see if he can add Olympic gold to that next year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The weather. Absolutely perfect running weather atm. Well in Dublin anyways and sure that's all that matters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ososlo wrote: »
    The weather. Absolutely perfect running weather atm. Well in Dublin anyways and sure that's all that matters :)

Same in London, chilly in the morning means perfect early evening running weather, have had two really nice runs already this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Same in London, chilly in the morning means perfect early evening running weather, have had two really nice runs already this week :)

Are you not pregnant? What happened the whole once I get married I'll never need to run or watch what I eat again? :P

It's a beautiful morning in Dublin, fantastic sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I am yeah, 18 weeks this weekend! Still quite happily running (and swimming and doing light strength workouts) though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I am yeah, 18 weeks this weekend! Still quite happily running (and swimming and doing light strength workouts) though :)

Brilliant, congrats :) Hope walshb hasn't had an apopleptic fit :pac: :D

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Brilliant, congrats :) Hope walshb hasn't had an apopleptic fit :pac: :D

I'm meant to be the troll here!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Reunited with my Garmin after almost two weeks and suspecting it was gone forever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Reunited with my Garmin after almost two weeks and suspecting it was gone forever :)

Happy dancing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

#1New job with more time tor running:)
    #2 and quality street

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ultraman1 wrote: »
    #1New job with more time tor running:)
    #2 and quality street

^ That wicklow Way mug. It's got a special place in my kitchen...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

ultraman1 wrote: »
    #1New job with more time tor running

+1 and very happy about it. Quality street is sh1te though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Great to see such an exciting team emerge in rubgy to take on the big three.
    Vamos!

As for Ireland, God help all those private school lads who won't have an event to go to next weekend.
    Lucky we didn't have to play the all blacks last night, would have been murdered.

Imagine playing in a tournament where only 9 teams take it seriously and never advancing beyond the last 8....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Imagine playing a sport where we are consistently among the top teams in the world...

..and the best in our hemisphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

cjt156 wrote: »
    Imagine playing a sport where we are consistently among the top teams in the world...

I'm trying, you will have to help me out. Is it hurling?

Stick ball? No, afraid not...

National Pride lads, ever heard of it?

..and the best in our hemisphere

A rugby bandwagoners view of the world differs greatly to the rest of us. But sure if people need the something successful to hang their hat on and be in with the in crowd.
    Silly details like only 9 countries actually being any good or even taking the game seriously is a moot point.

The geographical argument is a handy one to use alright.
    Any statistics to hand on how we measure up in knockout games since the start of the world cup ?
    Or our record against the other 7 teams who take it seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

A rugby bandwagoners view of the world differs greatly to the rest of us.

If it's a bandwagon sport, why did you watch it and know the history? You're the epitome of a bandwagoner, a loss is just an opportunity for you to go on the windup as usual.

The London marathon was great too until you missed out on the ballot, the whole race was ****e then and NY became the best:rolleyes:

Rave; Back to back 6 Nations Champions, World Cup Quarter Finalists.

Rave; Real Irish men putting their hearts and souls and bodies on the line, week in - week out.

Rave; Following Irish Rugby through victory and defeat since the days of Ciaran "where's your f*cking pride" FitzGerald; if that makes me a band wagoner I'll accept your superior knowledge.

Rant; taking pleasure in your (all island) country's defeat because you deem the players and fans to be 'private school boys'.

If it's a bandwagon sport, why did you watch it and know the history? You're the epitome of a bandwagoner, a loss is just an opportunity for you to go on the windup as usual.

The London marathon was great too until you missed out on the ballot, the whole race was ****e then and NY became the best:rolleyes:

How can you discuss something if you don't know the background?
    Didn't say it's a bandwagon sport, the Irish following is a bandwagon if you consider the supporters interest in playing or supporting the of the game.
    You don't agree that Argentina play the game in an entertaining way compared to Ireland trying to force opposition mistakes?

As for London marathon, I'd still like to do it so thanks for your concern.
    It won't ever hold a torch to New York marathon though or Barcelona in my eyes, so your trolling skills need some work.

Rave; Back to back 6 Nations Champions, World Cup Quarter Finalists.

Rave; Real Irish men putting their hearts and souls and bodies on the line, week in - week out.

Rave; Following Irish Rugby through victory and defeat since the days of Ciaran "where's your f*cking pride" FitzGerald; if that makes me a band wagoner I'll accept your superior knowledge.

Rant; taking pleasure in your (all island) country's defeat because you deem the players and fans to be 'private school boys'.

So GAA players don't put everything on the line?
    They are Irish too you'll find.
    It's also played by all people on this island and people have been killed on the pitch playing the game they love, because they were brave Irish men.

The vast majority of rugby followers in Ireland are well to do and wouldn't have any interest in any sport outside of the social opportunities it affords at a given time when the team is successful. Hence the current team and the huge level of support.

So GAA players don't put everything on the line?
    They are Irish too you'll find.
    It's also played by all people on this island and people have been killed on the pitch playing the game they love, because they were brave Irish men.

The vast majority of rugby followers in Ireland are well to do and wouldn't have any interest in any sport outside of the social opportunities it affords at a given time when the team is successful. Hence the current team and the huge level of support.

I'm not the one who came on here to denigrate the Irish team. I never compared rugby to any other sport. I just posted a few raves and one rant.

Keep digging your own hole; it just clarifies your position. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Rave: 10k PB'S :D yahoooo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement