Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

aquinn wrote: »
    The snap of a mouse trap. I just hope he died quickly and isn't going to chew his way out like the last guy and die in the middle of my kitchen floor, I didn't like that.
    Ugh to disposal.

http://youtu.be/6dRSsnbvfVY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Oh stop, from worry to horror and laughter. That's a great ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

aquinn wrote: »
    Oh stop, from worry to horror and laughter. That's a great ad.

Thanks! I was afraid to watch it until I read your comment :D:D

bit worried by the absence of the usual disclaimer...'no animals were harmed in the making....' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Thanks! I was afraid to watch it until I read your comment :D:D

bit worried by the absence of the usual disclaimer...'no animals were harmed in the making....' :(

It's okay, I'm sure they used a stunt double ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Finding out last night that I'll be in Dublin on the 26th for a few beers with a stay in ballsbridge hotel :)

Hope to see you guys for a few celebratory beverages post DCM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Finding out last night that I'll be in Dublin on the 26th for a few beers with a stay in ballsbridge hotel :)

Enjoy the Bulmers!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

martyboy48 wrote: »

Staying in a hotel and in Ballsbridge surely that's a double rave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FeenaM

The DCM mentored novices thread with Dubgal and the other mentors!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I survived McGrattens

So so soooo proud of Dublin. The support yesterday was overwhelming. Not a single stretch of road without people cheering despite the weather was dreadful for supporters. Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have been quite 'meh' about running since this Spring. I have, however, run more in the past few weeks than most of the year.

Inspired by the DCM novices thread, so Dublin 2016 marathon, I'm coming for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭gucci

New safety shoes for work. Bloody hell, what have I been doing that I haven’t changed them ages ago……sometimes you just do the same thing every day without thinking!!
    New ones feel about a kilo lighter each and are far more comfortable…..I am sure my training will see the benefit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Glendalough trail run this Saturday, 15.5k of hill running awesomeness, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Giving a small bit of advise to someone a few months ago to help them break 4 hours (which didnt look like they would at the time) in DCM. They took said advise and then to find out out they nearly broke 3:30 as they trained smart for the last 3 months. Then them to contact you out of the blue to say thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rave: The ridiculous amount of love on A/R at the moment! Fcuk it, I'm signing for DCM 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

walshb wrote: »
    Rave: The ridiculous amount of love on A/R at the moment! Fcuk it, I'm signing for DCM 2016!

Now you've finally lost it - it's like Scrooge celebrating Christmas ;)

rom wrote: »
    Giving a small bit of advise to someone a few months ago to help them break 4 hours (which didnt look like they would at the time) in DCM. They took said advise and then to find out out they nearly broke 3:30 as they trained smart for the last 3 months. Then them to contact you out of the blue to say thanks.

Obviously very sound advice well heeded. Nice one :)

kit3 wrote: »
    Now you've finally lost it - it's like Scrooge celebrating Christmas ;)

Nonsense. It's simply a case of sensibility! If you're not in you can't win!

Nonsense. It's simply a case of sensibility! If you're not in you can't win!

Since when were you one to go with the populace ?? I'm not buying it ;)

kit3 wrote: »
    Since when were to one to go with the populace ?? I'm it buying it ;)

Correct that post. It's gobbledygook!

• Advertisement

Correct that post. It's gobbledygook!

Oops - autocorrect !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

What a legend, great article about the life of Yuki Kawauchi. Full time job and amateur athlete who has run 2:08 for the marathon.

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/story/_/id/13983582/endurance-sports-yuki-kawauchi-busy-schedule-unusual-training-changing-status-quo-japan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

John Lenihan's book 'Tough as Leather'. Great read, cheers for the tip Wild Garlic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

So so soooo proud of Dublin. The support yesterday was overwhelming. Not a single stretch of road without people cheering despite the weather was dreadful for supporters. Wow!

It came with a price for some of us though! 1.5 hours standing and cheering left the boy with a chill and sick for the mid term...which said sickness he has kindly passed on to me. Just in time for our posh weekend away. So here we are in Westport, the kids bouncing around excited about swimming and Im thinking...just kill me now: :pac:

I had planned on cramming a few sessions into this wrek to make up for all the sessions ive missed out on due to leg injury, but if the plague doesnt clear up, it'll leave me with a week before the race with not one clear week of work done...in 8 weeks!!!!

Erm rave....the room has a jacuzzi bath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Ran the Glendalough trail race this morning. Fancy dress was encouraged so i put fake blood on my face, legs, arms to look like a real mountain runner. Of course nobody else dressed up.
    About 300 people asked me was I ok. :)

It came with a price for some of us though! 1.5 hours standing and cheering left the boy with a chill and sick for the mid term...which said sickness he has kindly passed on to me. Just in time for our posh weekend away. So here we are in Westport, the kids bouncing around excited about swimming and Im thinking...just kill me now: :pac:

I had planned on cramming a few sessions into this wrek to make up for all the sessions ive missed out on due to leg injury, but if the plague doesnt clear up, it'll leave me with a week before the race with not one clear week of work done...in 8 weeks!!!!

Erm rave....the room has a jacuzzi bath

Well I for one am grateful of your sacrifices. Feel better soon :(

Rave: am also on a posh weekend away. 9 course dinner imminent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Finglas Flier

Am delighted to be back running in the Phoenix park this morning. The colours are fantastic and the weather was brilliant.....
    I never tire of my training venue and love to see the season's changing...
    Rave on life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Am delighted to be back running in the Phoenix park this morning. The colours are fantastic and the weather was brilliant.....
    I never tire of my training venue and love to see the season's changing...
    Rave on life!!!

Is your username ironic, or is that how you see yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Finglas Flier

davedanon wrote: »
    Is your username ironic, or is that how you see yourself?

Ironic....very ironic indeed......

• Advertisement

Rave: all my toenails being intact after DCM although one was slightly tender.

Non-Rave: wearing heels at a wedding all day today doing in that tender toenail !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement