Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Finglas Flier

kit3 wrote: »
    Rave: all my toenails being intact after DCM although one was slightly tender.

Non-Rave: wearing heels at a wedding all day today doing in that tender toenail !!

Good on you...
    Very funny.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Good on you...
    Very funny.... :-)

Not for my poor toe ;) Those heels should be banned (although at 5'1" you sometimes don't have a choice !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Finglas Flier

kit3 wrote: »
    Not for my poor toe ;) Those heels should be banned (although at 5'1" you sometimes don't have a choice !)

May be you need platform shoes not heels!!
    Hope the wedding went well... :-)

May be you need platform shoes not heels!!
    Hope the wedding went well... :-)

Maybe I do :)Yeah, great wedding & more to come later once I dispatch the kids to bed (would feel bad disappearing for 2 days in a row !)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Getting my mug on the local ITV news reports on telly and website. :D

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-11-01/hundreds-take-part-in-halloween-themed-10k-race/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

What a legend, great article about the life of Yuki Kawauchi. Full time job and amateur athlete who has run 2:08 for the marathon.

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/story/_/id/13983582/endurance-sports-yuki-kawauchi-busy-schedule-unusual-training-changing-status-quo-japan

There was something oddly reassuring about seeing Yuki at the end of the NY marathon yesterday, dry wretching and on his knees like your average slogger would have been. Biwott and co looked like they'd been for a 5k jog in comparison. He's very much the citizens runner, albeit running much faster than most citizens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭gucci

robinph wrote: »

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-11-01/hundreds-take-part-in-halloween-themed-10k-race/

Glad getting your mugshot on the news was for positive reasons!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

robinph wrote: »

Still prefer your Cork mugshot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ger664 wrote: »

You were looking at Robin's mug? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

ger664 wrote: »

Don't you have to post THAT photo every time you mention it?
    menoscemo wrote: »

It took me months to spot Robin in that picture ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Rave -

Comfortable new insoles and arch supports. I'm like twinkle toes over here :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

menoscemo wrote: »

Only posting as it's a fine shot of the famous Boards AC singlet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77084998&postcount=109

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

Rave - Don Hannon - first man to run the Wicklow Way out and back on Saturday/ Sunday in a storm, 254km of Ultra mountain trails - great achievement - kudos to the passion, energy, abiltity and determination (great bloke too).
    Cheers to Don

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ron Gomall wrote: »
    Rave - Don Hannon - first man to run the Wicklow Way out and back on Saturday/ Sunday in a storm, 254km of Ultra mountain trails - great achievement - kudos to the passion, energy, abiltity and determination (great bloke too).
    Cheers to Don

Yeh yeh yeh, but did he get a medal?

walshb wrote: »
    Yeh yeh yeh, but did he get a medal?

Why on earth would he do it otherwise - for the achievement ? Surely not :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

A run like that is simply beyond my comprehension. Add in the terrain, the weather, running at night. Incredible. My own experience just doesn't equip me to grasp the scale of the achievement.

So what do the ultra boys and girls on here think about it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Ultrapussy

davedanon wrote: »
    A run like that is simply beyond my comprehension. Add in the terrain, the weather, running at night. Incredible. My own experience just doesn't equip me to grasp the scale of the achievement.

So what do the ultra boys and girls on here think about it?

Hey Ron/Dave - I agree, what a great achievement but maybe you should crawl out of Don's hole and just let the performance stand on it's own merits. If you want to do something to mark the magnitude of the man's performance, why not go capture him with your kodak and then put the snap on your bedroom wall - you might have to take down one or two of TRR's pic's but sure, you have them allover your house.

Ultrapussy wrote: »
    Hey Ron/Dave - I agree, what a great achievement but maybe you should crawl out of Don's hole and just let the performance stand on it's own merits. If you want to do something to mark the magnitude of the man's performance, why not go capture him with your kodak and then put the snap on your bedroom wall - you might have to take down one or two of TRR's pic's but sure, you have them allover your house.

"its".

"its".

Thanks for pointing out the typo Dave. Now let's put your original post back - in all its glory:

"I put this on the Rave thread, but maybe here's a better place for it. Regarding Don's epic Wicklow run. I'm just cutting and pasting it.

So what do the ultra boys and girls on here think about it?"

Ah, now we see your mistake: you used 'ad hominem' as a noun. Tut tut. It's like the whole advice/advise thing all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thanks for pointing out the typo Dave.

Best to put a comma after the word typo.

Sorry. I couldn't resist that.:pac:

Ah, you were too fast (unlike your running) and deleted your original post - the one where you used 'ad hominem' as a noun, while pointing out my typo. But my point remains and I'm sure I don't need to spell it out for you...

Thanks for pointing out the typo Dave. Now let's put your original post back - in all its glory:

"I put this on the Rave thread, but maybe here's a better place for it. Regarding Don's epic Wicklow run. I'm just cutting and pasting it.

So what do the ultra boys and girls on here think about it?"

Ah, now we see your mistake: you used 'ad hominem' as a noun. Tut tut. It's like the whole advice/advise thing all over.

Orthographic style, dude. The noun was implied. Whereas you were just being illiterate. And now I think I recognise you. The sneering, superior tone is unmistakable.

The mods don't like abuse, either, I've found.

The mods don't like abuse, either, I've found.

Dave, I received a warning from one of the mods - rightly so. I apologize for abusing you. I also apologize for wasting the mod's time. And for everybody reading this, I apologize to you too.

Yeah, funny you should mention people confusing 'advice' and 'advise'. Seems to me I recall an exchange of that nature on a blog a while back...

I posted that before yours.

Apology accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Rave: people who know how to punctuate. A dying art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

God I love running :D

• Advertisement

Boardsies. Great bunch of lads.

I've been offered so much help with my fitness goals recently, by complete strangers off the internet. Tis only deadly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement