Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Brining the beauty of the Beer Mile to the masses.

Look out for me on the Late Late Show next year :D...........

http://ellentube.com/videos/0-4k7em7p0/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

libelula wrote: »
    Anti-rave :

Plantar Fasciitis. :(
    I walked across town today and then limped back. I've ignored it for quite a while and now it's bad. I'm a stupid.
    On the way home from work I saw three guys running and I started crying. :(

Been there done that, walking across town becomes a nightmare. Don't let it fester like I did, get it seen to by a physical therapist asap who will loosen the calf etc, tell you what stretches and exercises to do. A bottle of iced water and rolling of tennis ball need to be your best friends. If it's diagnosed as PF consider looking into a night splint stocking, mine has been a big help. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Been there done that, walking across town becomes a nightmare. Don't let it fester like I did, get it seen to by a physical therapist asap who will loosen the calf etc, tell you what stretches and exercises to do. A bottle of iced water and rolling of tennis ball need to be your best friends. If it's diagnosed as PF consider looking into a night splint stocking, mine has been a big help. Good luck.

Thanks Laura :)
    I'm doing all but the night stocking, it looks just a tiny bit kinky for me :p
    Today is slightly better, so hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel and I'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Thanks Laura :)
    I'm doing all but the night stocking, it looks just a tiny bit kinky for me :p
    Today is slightly better, so hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel and I'll be back soon.

I dunno, Laura swears by that stocking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

annapr wrote: »
    I dunno, Laura swears by that stocking ;)

I'll leave pics of it lying around, santa might get excited :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

I'll leave pics of it lying around, santa might get excited :p

Trust me. Nobody is getting excited by that stocking :) I didn't get the boot yoke, just the sock and I was sceptical. But as Anna has alluded to I've been singing its praises, seems to really help shift the last of the niggling for me anyway. Best of luck with the recovery!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Nice story here about one of the good guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Rave: All the volunteers, parkrun & club races, who stood out in that weather today so we could run, you rock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

You know you are obsessed with running when a friend brings to your attention a €280 return flight to Tokyo (Some glitch on a website I think :D). This is too good to miss. A couple of you decide on a date and you're just about to book, when you think 'Mid April, that's the Road Relays, S**t!'. Sure enough, you check back up the date from previous years, April 20th, April 13th, April 15th. Oh no! You look for a pattern. Is it always the second Sunday in April? Do they sometimes hold it on the third? Its never been on the first one in the past few years anyway. Some of the others have already booked. Mmmmm. What to do, what to do, what to do?

Maybe there's hope for me yet though......

.....anybody recommend a good Japanese phrasebook? ;).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Road relays are on the 17th next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Road relays are on the 17th next year

Booo :(

Feel silly now that I never thought of looking up the fixtures. Just assumed they wouldn't be ready yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

I like this. Video is a bit long but that's one tough lady.

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2015/12/an-unforgettable-marathon-finish-by.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

tipping wrote: »
    I like this. Video is a bit long but that's one tough lady.

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2015/12/an-unforgettable-marathon-finish-by.html?m=1

Very interesting thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

An inspirational story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rick Ford

Rory Gallagher...effin deadly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Serial's back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Fell running legend Josh Naylor on bbc4 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Less than 2 weeks to Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Enduro

Fell running legend Josh Naylor on bbc4 now.

Missed it, dammit! What was the programme like?

Rave : Great kit/gear!

Did a 6 hour run in the Hills of Dublin/Wicklow on Saturday in the relentless rain. I've been testing out Columbia's new Outdry Extreme jackets and they're bloody marvelous! No problem wearing a full-on waterproof (rather than just the normal running barely shower proof) whilst comfortably running around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Enduro wrote: »

Did a 6 hour run in the Hills of Dublin/Wicklow on Saturday in the relentless rain. I've been testing out Columbia's new Outdry Extreme jackets and they're bloody marvelous! No problem wearing a full-on waterproof (rather than just the normal running barely shower proof) whilst comfortably running around.

you didn't find it too warm then? must look at these, I went through 2 jackets on my run yesterday!!

edit: ah, they're not available to buy until next spring.. pity

Firedance wrote: »
    you didn't find it too warm then? must look at these, I went through 2 jackets on my run yesterday!!

edit: ah, they're not available to buy until next spring.. pity

Running in the hills in December in Ireland its vital not to get too cold. Being too warm is easily fixed! But no, never got too warm at all, even with a warm base-layer underneath. I'm lucky enough to get some Kit ahead of retail availability (another rave there!).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭An_Reathai

Missed it, dammit! What was the programme like?

Think it's being repeated tomorrow night 11pm BBC4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04y4gd7

Bit of a preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCJrTqqiu20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

An_Reathai wrote: »
    Think it's being repeated tomorrow night 11pm BBC4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04y4gd7

Bit of a preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCJrTqqiu20
    That's the one, it's all about the people connected to Scafell Pike

Some stunning scenes at the end of that trailer. Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Dublin airport arrivals! It's like a who's who of irish elite athletics!
    Oh and the main rave: waiting for my brother who I haven't seen for a year :)
    I foresee lots of tempo running in the near future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

How much do these cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Running in the hills in December in Ireland its vital not to get too cold. Being too warm is easily fixed! But no, never got too warm at all, even with a warm base-layer underneath. I'm lucky enough to get some Kit ahead of retail availability (another rave there!).

Nice to be able to get your hands on gear like that. Are you an official reviewer or something or do they sponsor you ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rick Ford

^^^^^^^^^^^ more of a non rave

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement