Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

annapr wrote: »
    Winter solstice!

Grand stretch in the evenings from tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

991.98 MILES. This is definitely a first for me. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

aquinn wrote: »
    991.98 MILES. This is definitely a first for me. Deadly.

Good work, I assume you will be squeezing in the required 8.02 miles to hit that milestone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

tang1 wrote: »
    Pittsburgh Steelers- go the Terrible Towel!!

157 points in the fantasy football semi final round, hope I haven't scored all my points a week too early!

crisco10 wrote: »
    Good work, I assume you will be squeezing in the required 8.02 miles to hit that milestone!

If I've to limp about and run in heels I'm getting it done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

If I've to limp about and run in heels I'm getting it done!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Running in shorts and t-shirt at the weekend.

Saturday was a particularly glorious day along the Dublin coast. Sun shining, blue sky, crashing waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

annapr wrote: »
    Winter solstice!

Too early!
    Solstice: December 22 2015 04:48 GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Djoucer wrote: »
    Running in shorts and t-shirt at the weekend.

Saturday was a particularly glorious day along the Dublin coast. Sun shining, blue sky, crashing waves.

thumbs up for global warming, hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Too early!

Yip, scientific explanation as to why here, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/12061231/When-is-the-shortest-day-of-the-year-the-winter-solstice-2015.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Running in the moonlight this evening. Didn't need the headtorch at all. The moon was like a big headtorch in the sky. Lovely and mild evening too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Full Moon xmas day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »

wow, those Mont-Blanc pics make me want to take up ultra running! great to see so many XC pics there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Too early!
    ThisRegard wrote: »

Pedants! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got a running watch and it's purple!!

Thank you Santa for my.forerunner 15.

:):)

Crystal! I got a champagne flute for sailing. Sometimes turning up does guarantee that you don't leave empty handed, as it certainly wasn't given for sailing excellence. Not yet anyway.

Have to obviously thank the rescue team who saved me and the boat today, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Crystal! I got a champagne flute for sailing. Sometimes turning up does guarantee that you don't leave empty handed, as it certainly wasn't given for sailing excellence. Not yet anyway.

Have to obviously thank the rescue team who saved me and the boat today, again.

Sorry to say I did a LOL in real life at this. Sounds like a good story for the pub :cool: :pac:

Rave: new boots, HALF PRICE new boots :p

Ran past Catherina McKiernan in Malahide Castle today... well, it was more like she ran past me while I plodded :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

There was a big yellow ball in the sky this afternoon and water stopped falling out of it for an hour or more.I could stand up completely unaided, I didn't need to hold onto anything. It was very strange and frightening at first but curiosity eventually got the better of me and I waded outside for a closer look. I might have been imagining it but the yellow ball seemed to emit warmth. Anyone who witnessed will remember it for a long long time. The world has returned to normal now but it was nice while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ultrapercy wrote: »
    There was a big yellow ball in the sky this afternoon and water stopped falling out of it for an hour or more.I could stand up completely unaided, I didn't need to hold onto anything. It was very strange and frightening at first but curiosity eventually got the better of me and I waded outside for a closer look. I might have been imagining it but the yellow ball seemed to emit warmth. Anyone who witnessed will remember it for a long long time. The world has returned to normal now but it was nice while it lasted.

That all happened after I finished my run. Think the gods were just having a good laugh at me

Afternoon naps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Afternoon naps

Grandad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Singer wrote: »
    Ran past Catherina McKiernan in Malahide Castle today... well, it was more like she ran past me while I plodded :)

Did you get a friendly greeting ? I saw her in the park a while back & she seemed really friendly (as I plodded towards her :o )

Grandad?

I've no Austrian connections that I'm aware of sorry, you'll have to keep looking

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

kit3 wrote: »
    Did you get a friendly greeting ? I saw her in the park a while back & she seemed really friendly (as I plodded towards her :o )

Myself and aero2k were at her chi running course there a few years ago. She loved me the most. :cool: See her in the Phoenix park all the time, she'd always be the first person to say hello!

Nah, she just glided past me and looked like she was concentrating... Or maybe she didn't say hi 'cos I was wearing headphones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Anti- rave: There must be something wrong when the forum loses a long-term poster like Meno :( Anyone know what needs to be changed - a few more went during the year & we only got some back. There 's something wrong somewhere !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Anti- rave: There must be something wrong when the forum loses a long-term poster like Meno :( Anyone know what needs to be changed - a few more went during the year & we only got some back. There 's something wrong somewhere !

FFS see that now, must be something up somewhere alright kit3. Best of luck Niall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement