Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathso

Ososlo wrote: »
    The weather! Perfect running weather!!!
    Has spring finally sprung?

Depends on where you are, i did twenty miles today in Howth and it was cold and very windy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Ososlo wrote: »
    The weather! Perfect running weather!!!
    Has spring finally sprung?

It's a bit warm no? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

mathso wrote: »
    Depends on where you are, i did twenty miles today in Howth and it was cold and very windy
    Firedance wrote: »
    It's a bit warm no? :D

10 degrees and not a breath out in D9 and D11 tonight! Yes verging on too warm Firedance!
    Naw not really. Absolutely perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Would yis all sweat more running or having sex? Just wondering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

:eek:
    Wonder away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

At 400m pace on both it's about the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,418 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ireland's first 6N win today. Super result!

House of Cards! What a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

walshb wrote: »
    Ireland's first 6N win today. Super result!

Pity they couldn't have taken a few of those trys and sprinkled them throughout the other games!

Wayde van Niekerk becomes fastest overall sprinter in history. Hard to think of a more impressive athletics feat in recent years. Sub 10/20 and 44 seconds in the sprints!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Brooke Stratton, who would compete regularly for her club in the same region of grassroots interclub track meets as I would when I was in Melbourne, leaped out to 7.05m in the long jump at Nationals at the weekend, breaking the Australian record, and putting her to world number 1 (indoor and outdoor combined) so far this year. She'd be out there in early season running a 400m and throwing a javelin, doing her bit for her club. Great to see people like this excelling. Too many think they are above these meets. In her case, there's no big egos, the numbers on the results sheet do the talking.

She's a real medal contender in Rio now (14th in Beijing last year), but it's still 6 months away and Aussies find it trickier to peak again during the European season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Finding t-shirts that you bought ten years ago but never wore because they were too small and fitting into them perfectly :)

Clearlier wrote: »
    Finding t-shirts that you bought ten years ago but never wore because they were too small and fitting into them perfectly :)

I had three pairs of trousers hand-tailored in Bangkok on my honeymoon. Years later, resigned that I'd never fit them again, they went to the charity shop.

Then I took up running; they'd fit me perfectly now...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I had exactly the same thing this week with a pair of white linen trousers! They were also unwearable because of a red wine stain...and over the course of 11 years, the stain has vanished. So new tip on how to remove red wine stains: stuff in the back of your wardrobe for 11 years :D

My other 'lightness' is emptying my poor crammed Inbox here in one click, am practically floating away with the giddiness of it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

My running partner did her first half marathon distance at the weekend.

I've been upping her mileage gradually over the last few months (including step back weeks)

Pic attached

(it was also my first time covering the distance since DCM15 so double-rave)

frash wrote: »
    My running partner did her first half marathon distance at the weekend.

I've been upping her mileage gradually over the last few months (including step back weeks)

Pic attached

(it was also my first time covering the distance since DCM15 so double-rave)

OMG, she's beautiful :)

She's a beautiful specimen. I often run with my chocolate lab so that put a big smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Roland Garros tickets booked after an agonising process whereby I was 15,000th in the queue, which I was stuck in for an hour. My friend got into the queue a few minutes after me and was 26,000th. He was still in the queue 2 hours later. Tough slog but managed to get decent tickets. :) Now to start hurling abuse at the obvious PED users. :D

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Roland Garros tickets booked after an agonising process whereby I was 15,000th in the queue, which I was stuck in for an hour. My friend got into the queue a few minutes after me and was 26,000th. He was still in the queue 2 hours later. Tough slog but managed to get decent tickets. :) Now to start hurling abuse at the obvious PED users. :D

They just have bad thyroid problems and acute angina... Tennis is a great sport to take on so many ill athletes and give them an outlet to take part in...

:-)

Joe Gough's 2nd place at World Championships Master's invitational 800m in Portland, 2.16.01 great result and proud to see Ireland & Joe doing well

• Advertisement

Not sure it's been mentioned, but Davitt Walsh's act of utter heroism in swimming circa 30 meters in cold water to try and rescue a drowning family, coming back with a 4 month old baby. The word hero is bandied about far too often these days. This man is the dictionary definition. Inspirational!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Am so glad you mentioned this walshie. Too, too sad, but yes, in the depths of darkness there is light.

Rant: illness :(

Rave: boards A/R posters, (past & present) a super super bunch of kind & caring people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

vb2TDIi.jpg

Rave: Parenthood :)

(Born on Easter Monday, 8 days overdue, 3.39kg and 50cm long)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Chivito550 wrote: »

You lucky sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Rave: Parenthood :)

Congratulations RK. He (?)'s absolutely beautiful.

Enjoy the sleep while you can still get it over the next week or so!

Congratulations RK. He (?)'s absolutely beautiful.

big + 1 to this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Ah he's gorgeous, congratulations to you both.

What's with the kg like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Congrats on your new PB!

With some consistent training you should be able to improve your accuracy on due dates, at the same time improving both the weight and height, and maybe even the number of babies you can make at the same time.

• Advertisement

He's a little stunner, rk. What's his name?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement