Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Boiler Inset Stove?????

• 09-11-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Folks,

I am looking at getting an inset stove into our small living room. There is already an open fire there with a back boiler but I want to get a good inset stove in. We have a two storey house with roughly 16 rads in the house but I have a zoned heating system in place where I can heat downstairs or upstairs.

I am looking at Boru Chieftain, Boru 600i or the Kingstar Phoenix stove but I am unsure of which to use. There is a new Phoenix coming out in the new year with a riddle and thermostat ( improved version of the older model). Any recommendations would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ghayes

I am considering buying a Firebird 16kW - Inset Stove backboiler stove which is costing €1000.

Are these a good or bad stove?

12.1kW to water (Heating System)
    3.6kW heat output to space (room)
    System Efficiency of 81%

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cpg093

We have just installed a Charnwood slx multifuel stove. We have much the same set up as you and we are very happy with how it is heating the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Malena72

Just wondering how many radiators are heating from your Charnwood stove? and where did you buy it? They seem awful expensive, so I'd like to price around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dencas

Have a Boru Chieftan installed and its terrible, no heat to the rads and not hot water but a great hunger for coal (not wood). Stay away from Boru is my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Heard a lot of positive comments over the years about Charnwood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dencas

If Boru has to come out I will go for a Charnwood I think.

Advertisement