Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Dundon Christmas cake kit query

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've moved this to Cakes & Bakes, you're more likely to get helpful replies in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I haven't done it but I doubt it. I use a halogen oven an awful lot, the only think I have found it successfully bakes are scones and even at that you have to turn them upside down for the last few minutes. Biscuits or pastry things are doable too but again underneath is a little pale. A Christmas cake imo would not get sufficient heat especially from the bottom and way too much on top in a halogen, if it was to work at all I would be inclined to cover the top of the cake. I really wouldn't chance it, it would be an expensive mistake if it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Thanks for the reply and to the mod for moving it, looks like its not possible so

Advertisement