Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving account to credit Union

Options
  • 09-11-2013 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi BOI 

I would like to know how I go about moving my Account to a credit union as they will have current accounts with electronic payment and i will not have to pay charges as i do in BOI

Do i just go to the bank and extract my money and close my account or can my money get transfered?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Red_Dwarf,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you are thinking about closing your account.

To close your account you can send a written request to your branch. The branch will deduct any outstanding fees from the balance and can transfer the remaining funds to an account of your choice. They would require account details to do this.

You can also request that the balance is issued to you by draft, if requesting this please state who the draft should be made payable to.

I hope this helps clarify this for you, if there is anything else we can help you with in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 15 UnhappywithBOI

You can also simply withdraw your balance and leave the bank. Cut up your cards and see if they miss you. Let them do the writing.

No written request needed.

Advertisement