Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease or buy Photocopy machines

Options
  • 09-11-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,
    Looking for advice. Have small sized business and currently have one photocopier. Was shocked when realised it has been costing 300 plus printing per month. [rent]. No sarcasm as to how I didnt know before hand!
    So please give me advice as to whether you all buy , rent or lease machines and what the cost ought to be. Im based in Dublin. Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You'll have to work out what your costs would be if you buy your own machine.

Your current monthly price may include maintenance, consumables and maybe even paper, all of which you should factor in when comparing current costs with purchasing your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

As per the previous OP - do your sums.

Unless you have a lot of multifunction copiers (>10) I tend to think buying is a lot cheaper.... you only get decent rates at 20+ devices in my experience.
    HP have plenty of good multifunction devices for the smaller company (<30 staff) that are fairly cheap to buy and keep going.

Either way - look closely at the small print (minimum volume penalties and such like).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jellybean13

Thank you for your messages. It's legal firm so probably just 1 or 2 photocopiers required. Have got onto the supply company so look forward to their quotes.
    Many thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

we have a small office and our printer packed up few months ago. we bought a kyocera machine for about €1100. No service agreement but we have to pay when we need toners or maintainance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Lots of companies doing managed print services now, google it and you will get a lot of results

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's legal firm so probably just 1 or 2 photocopiers required.

I'd imagine your organisation produces more than an average amount of paper for its size. Do you not pass on the photocopying costs as disbursements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Advertisement