Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!!Samsung galaxy s2 problem

• 09-11-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Need some advice. My samsung galaxy s2 is fully charged, i turn on wifi or play a a game for a fews minutes and the phone shuts down. The phone wont start again unless i plug in the charger. The phone works fine when wifi is off.Do i need a new battery or are there other potential fixes. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

goob20s wrote: »
    Need some advice. My samsung galaxy s2 is fully charged, i turn on wifi or play a a game for a fews minutes and the phone shuts down. The phone wont start again unless i plug in the charger. The phone works fine when wifi is off.Do i need a new battery or are there other potential fixes. Any help is appreciated

Try taking out the battery and blowing any dust out.

I was having a lot.of battery problems, bought a new one and all problems solved. Sounds like it could be something more with the wifi issue, I'd recommend trying a new battery first amd see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

failing that, delete the last app or two you installed, see if make a difference, if you have it rooted do a system backup and factory reset your phone and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

i have it rooted and have factory reset a couple of times. it wont boot now past the samsung logo but i can enter download mode but not recovery. ****in thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

goob20s wrote: »
    i have it rooted and have factory reset a couple of times. it wont boot now past the samsung logo but i can enter download mode but not recovery. ****in thing

sounds like you were installing new firmware? have you a backup of your last image saved on CWM, if so, clear dalvick and cache and then go to your update and restore it.

i have a backup and have restored to it. i dont think its that tbh. I installed official ics using odin from download mode and got it working again BUT the wifi and 3g still cause it to shut down. I think i need a new battery alright but im hesitant in case it still happens and i waste my money. I think i'll get an anker battery from amazon for 23 euro

• Advertisement

anybody reading this experiencing the same problems, i have found the solution. I put a small piece of cardboard between the battery and phone. The contact was improved and fixed the issue. I almost bought a new battery but didnt need to. Phone repair shop said it wasnt the battery but an internal problem:rolleyes:.good job i didnt fall for it

Advertisement