Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Tamper boxes for new windows.

Options
  • 09-11-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi all,
    we have builders coming in the next week & the tamper boxes on the windows have to be removed for the new windows that are getting fitted. Any ideas what steps I should take to deactivate them without the alarm sounding. The alarm is a "Secure Watch HKC". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Fyfyta.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unless you have the engineer code (Default 4567) it will activate. You can disarm it with your user code. It will only activate once for each zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FyFyTa

I have the engineer code. Do I put that in & then remove the tamper boxes?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes that's all.

Thanks Koolkid all sorted now!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your welcome..

• Advertisement

Hi KoolKid, that worked a treat, thanks a million. New windows in, only problem is the display now shows that the different zones are "open" & it wont let me arm it.
    Hopefully its a simple fix??
    Again any help very much appreciated!!
    Thanks.

did you replace all the magnets & are they aligned correctly?
    Can you post a pic of the windows on the zone that's showing open.

The first photo is of the new door with the old sensor on it. I think I will have to get a different type of sensor that fits a bit better.
    The next is just the standard tamper box on a window.
    Maybe I have to clear the log??
    I should be able to get a new sensor in a good electrical suppliers.
    Thanks.

On the first one is the reed inside the sensor on the side closest to the magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You should get away with the sensors you have, you might just need a plastic spacer under the magnet.

Some people go into the wholesalers and buy the cheap door contacts, about €1.50 a pair. The put the magnet ontop of the reed contact and screw both to the door. The reed switch is on the bottom and it acts like a spacer...

• Advertisement

Thanks KoolKid & DublinDilbert, I'll check them out tomorrow.
    Thanks again!!

Hi KoolKid,
    Photo 1, from the top the wires are blank, red, blue/green, yellow, black, blank.
    Photo 2, the wires are blank, black, blue/green, yellow, red, blank.
    I checked the springs and made sure the covers were on nice and tight.
    But alarm goes off & tamper / front windows.
    Thanks for having a look at the photos!!!

Not really matching up with your post..
    Are the centre 2 in both pics blue & yellow.
    On both of those pics only terminal 2,3,4 & 5 are wired is that correct?

Yes, both "centres" are blue & yellow.
    And only terminals 2,3,4 & 5 are wired.

So these are just standard inertias? No contacts?
    Remove the blue & yellow from each one & twist them together. You can leave the lids off for now & try set the alarm.

when I twist them together do I have to screw them into the connectors??

No, not for now.

alarm goes off & tamper message displayed.

Even when blue & yellow are joined together on each of those?
    Is there any other devices on that zone 5?

No

• Advertisement

And is there any junctions or joins on the 2 cables feeding those 2 devices?

No, there isn't.

OK the next step is to disconnect those tampers at the panel?
    Can you open the main control panel & post a pic.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

are the arrows on the barrels pointing upwards maybe when you disconnected off the old windows and reconnected onto the new the barrels got switched around

Alarm Panel

Cant see where the zone 5 tamper cables are going.
    Anyway remove the blue & yellow connected to zone 5 tamper & close off with a short length of cable or a staple.

Before I put the cover back on the panel should I twist the blue & yellow wires & tape them up??

Ah sure I just put the cover back on & low and behold I got ............. wait for it................. "READY TO ARM"

KoolKid..... you are some man for one man!!!!
    THANK :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D YOU

Your welcome...:D
    But you should tape up those blues & yellows to prevent any shorting.

• Advertisement

Will do, Cheers.

Advertisement