Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Restaurants

Options
  • 09-11-2013 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some recommendations for Michelin starred restaurants that are worth going to in Dublin. Somewhere with an amazing menu. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'm looking for some recommendations for Michelin starred restaurants that are worth going to in Dublin. Somewhere with an amazing menu. Thanks

Aren't all michelin starred restaurants supposed to have superb menus?

There are only 5 or six michelin starred restaurants in Dublin (that I know of). I cant recommend any unfortunately by virtue of the fact that i've yet to eat at any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

All michelin restaurants are top quality, otherwise they wouldn't have a star.

If you have access to the internet go to google.ie and type in "michelin star restaurants + Dublin city"

That will give you all the info. you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was hoping for personal recommendations rather than picking one at random

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I've been to Chapter One and L'Ecrivain which both have one star. Out of those two I'd recommend Chapter One. Best meal i've ever had and lovely surroundings.

If you're looking for something very special then the Kitchen tasting menu in Chapter One is an amazing way to spend an evening. The chef comes over and talks you through each course. It talks about 3 hours.

http://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/menus/kitchen-table-tasting/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

http://restaurantpatrickguilbaud.ie/

They are Ireland's only 2 star restaurant and have held 2 stars for over a decade.
    That said, there's not much between RPB and the best of the chasing pack.
    Chapter 1 and Thornton's are probably the best of the 1 Stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would go with Chapter One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Seaneh wrote: »
    http://restaurantpatrickguilbaud.ie/

They are Ireland's only 2 star restaurant and have held 2 stars for over a decade.
    That said, there's not much between RPB and the best of the chasing pack.
    Chapter 1 and Thornton's are probably the best of the 1 Stars.

Isnt Patrick Guilbauds said to be Ireland most expensive restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Chapter One for me, fantastic and great value imo. A little further out, Bon Appetit in Malahide is fab!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Isnt Patrick Guilbauds said to be Ireland most expensive restaurant

No.
    There are hotels and private golf and members clubs with more expensive restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I would also recommend Chapter One but also wouldn't discount The Greenhouse on Dawson Street. Most people in the business can't quite figure out why it hasn't received a star as they are presenting beautiful innovative food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Chapter One every time. Was at L'Ericvain and they started hoovering round our feet! Was with 2 CEOs of 5k+ employees, plus the Chinese Ambassador and they were not impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thanks so much for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Chapter One is the best one I have eaten in so far in Dublin. I thought the service and the food were both excellent. After that, Bon Appetit.

Such a pity you can't go to Mount Juliet in Kilkenny, fabulous.

Advertisement