Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding carers for over Christmas

• 09-11-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of asking their private carers to do some hours during the Christmas period. Not Christmas Day but other days?

Is this ever a problem or how do people manage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

It's nothing I have experienced. I'm assuming the issue wasn't discussed at interview. Most carers will understand the need to work over public holidays and agree to do so, but they will expect a premium if working Christmas, Stephen's day, New Year's day etc. It depends on the carer, but most want to spend time with their families, and depending on the age of family, will prefer be off either during the day or at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Most carers will be happy to oblige, however you will be charged double time, as a carer myself I work through Christmas although I work for the HSE. With my job at the moment I don't work Xmas day or Stephens day but I have done privately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Got it sorted. There were just one or two days in the air during the Christmas period that were tricky but all sorted now thankfully.

Advertisement