Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second chance Maths

Options
  • 09-11-2013 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently in 6th year and I intend to attend CIT next year but I am very bad at maths, I am just wondering do CIT offer a second chance maths test for people who failed maths in the LC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Yes if you mean the entrance exam type thing for those who didn't get a HC3, if you failed ordinary level then I've no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'm fairly confident that you can't get into CIT through the CAO if you failed maths. Maybe as a mature student or something like that. If you are bad at maths and are fearing that you will fail then get grinds and drop down to foundation level if you are really f*cked for the exam.

One thing worth noting about maths is that the papers, year in year out, are phrased the same with different figures in the questions. If you did every exam paper for the last 10 years, repeatedly then you'd do very well, that's the benefit of mathematical type exams, they're either right or wrong. This applies to college maths papers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Dermighty wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident that you can't get into CIT through the CAO if you failed maths. Maybe as a mature student or something like that. If you are bad at maths and are fearing that you will fail then get grinds and drop down to foundation level if you are really f*cked for the exam.

Incorrect

http://www.cit.ie/prospectivestudents/undergraduate/maths/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

mrmeindl wrote: »

Well, have a read of what you reference before you tell me I'm incorrect.

Nowhere there does it say you can fail maths and still take their exam to gain entry.

The lowest mark mentioned is a d3 in ordinary level maths, equivalent to a 40% mark in their exam.

Advertisement