Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metro north for blanchardstown dublin 15

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Other than frequency of buses I'm not sure the routes can be improved. The 37 has a bit of a roundabout route but the 38 and 39 are pretty direct routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The focus on trains/metros in Dublin is misguided in my view. The city and county is far too sprawled to ensure a profitable and practical metro service. If it were all fields again, we could have built an underground system, but those days are gone.

That's why the emphasis has to be on creating a better and faster bus service. So that means more routes and shorter journey times to the City Centre. It takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half to get to town on a 37,38 or 39. That needs to change.
    Far better would be to proceed with the DART Underground project and allow the Maynooth line carry trains at much greater frequencies, into which these buses could feed perpendicularly rather than competing with in parallel!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Looking at that website and the image on it all that it is proposing is a connector between the blanch shopping centre and the maynooth line and then a connector between the docklands station and the green luas line.

Not all that useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Murt10 wrote: »
    Where else in Dublin 15 could it run through large centres of population and justify the enormous cost of installing a new line and where the roads would have the capacity to take a Luas tram as well as normal traffic?

Not all that many people actually live within reach of the 'New' Ongar road (unless you knock down some fences). Majority of the people who use the 39A bus in D15 are in Hartstown/Huntstown. If you were to build a Luas line in D15, Blanch SC seems like the only option. Not that it is going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Other than frequency of buses I'm not sure the routes can be improved. The 37 has a bit of a roundabout route but the 38 and 39 are pretty direct routes.

Segregated continuous bus lanes, traffic light priority, less stops, flat fare or some other solution to cut dwell time, lots of stuff could be done. But it requires joined up thinking from a few disparate institutions, not something just DB can do on its own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement