Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Macbeth

• 09-11-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Decided to take a look at Macbeth for the first time in a while and I have no idea where to start.. whats everyone else doing? learning quotes? essays? whats the best way to tackle it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think the best way is to start with Macbeth and Lady Macbeth and learn absolutely every aspect about them. Then take Banquo and the less obvious characters like Macduff, Duncan etc. There is more than likely going to be a character question (NOT GUARANTEED THOUGH!) so this should have you covered. Other topics you should look at off the top of my head are Kingship, the struggle between good and evil, imagery etc. Another abstract topic they could ask is why 'Macbeth' still appeals to a modern audience.
    The key notes book has excellent notes on Macbeth but make sure to put your own twist on them. Any gobshíte can just learn notes and regurgitate them and examiners often cop this as they could end up correcting three papers in a row with the same content in them and they won't look as favourably on you. Even if the essay is A standard they might downgrade it to a B.

Also, make sure you know the plot inside out and you should be fine.

Advertisement