Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre question.

• 09-11-2013 9:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

just wondering how does the setup for the new efibre look like? Why does it take the technicians 2 hours to install it for you?

If anyone has efibre would you mind taking some pictures of the set up please?

Thank you again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

fontdor wrote: »
    just wondering how does the setup for the new efibre look like? Why does it take the technicians 2 hours to install it for you?

If anyone has efibre would you mind taking some pictures of the set up please?

Thank you again.

There's a pic in the rollout thread,the new faceplate is almost identical to the old one,just sticks out a small bit more from the wall but isn't bulky,it fits onto the old socket in the wall.2 ports in it,one for the router to plug into & one for your phone.
    The 2 hour set-up quoted is just to allow for unforeseen problems.Anyone in a fairly new house that hasn't had the phone point tampered with should see a set up time of about 15-20 mins in total.It took all of 15 minutes to get mine up & running from the time the van pulled up at my door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

zerks wrote: »
    There's a pic in the rollout thread,the new faceplate is almost identical to the old one,just sticks out a small bit more from the wall but isn't bulky,it fits onto the old socket in the wall.2 ports in it,one for the router to plug into & one for your phone.
    The 2 hour set-up quoted is just to allow for unforeseen problems.Anyone in a fairly new house that hasn't had the phone point tampered with should see a set up time of about 15-20 mins in total.It took all of 15 minutes to get mine up & running from the time the van pulled up at my door.

thanks for your time! Just where is that roll out thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Advertisement