Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another airlock question

• 09-11-2013 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hey. So the water crisis of 2013 last week has left me with a cold water tap that works fine and a tank/hot water tap that will not work.
    Ive checked the tank and its full. I have done the old hose trick with the cold tap into the hot tap. I have tried blocking the single faucet tap with both cold and hot open for 5 minutes.
    Anymore ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

its probably worth noting that the electric shower is working fine leaving to me to believe that its something in the immersion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

bombidol wrote: »
    Ive checked the tank and its full. I have done the old hose trick with the cold tap into the hot tap. I have tried blocking the single faucet tap with both cold and hot open for 5 minutes.
    Anymore ideas?

Are you running the cold up the hot at the kitchen sink ? its there that you will have mains cold water, doing it at the bathroom will possibly get you knowwhere has they are both off the tank and as such at the same pressure, if you can clear the hot at the kitchen sink then you have a chance of then sending the cleared hot up the cold bathroom tap.

yeah, its a single faucet in the kitchen. so i blocked the tap and set the knob/turner in the middle and ran it for 5 minutes. when I run the hot tap then it will expel that cold water then a couple of seconds of hot water ( if the heating has been on) then it will slowly slow down to no flow.

Try the same again but leave another hot tap open and see if you get the cold coming through, if so turn off in mid flow and do same again on another tap, once all done try it again with all taps closed.

Tried that, it seems to come out of the hot taps fairly strong then die down, then strong again.Then hot water from the main kitchen tap will run for a few minutes then die.

• Advertisement

A few pictures of your hot water tank may help now but you could be looking at having to get someone in, it sounds like its probably going up the vent pipe while the air lock is in the cold feed, closing off the vent would force it up the cold feed but sorry i don't know how competent you are to do that.

Lather, rinse and repeated a few times and got it sorted, thanks a million.

Advertisement