Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bora 12 gauge Barak 99 Semi-Auto Shotgun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Restricted anyway regardless of capacity because it has a pistol grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Blay wrote: »

And looks like an assault rifle ;)

...I'll get my coat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Blay wrote: »

A pistol grip on a shotgun renders it instantly a super mega deadly firearm don't ya know :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Never mind the restricted or not argument but I think once the novelty wears off the gun will be eating dust in the corner of your safe for a long while before you'll move it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Just because it is a restricted firearm doesn't mean that you can't apply for one.

If you need that particular firearm to do a job that another unrestricted firearm won't do for you, then you are in with a shout of getting a licence for it.

You just need to have a very very good case for needing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Just because it is a restricted firearm doesn't mean that you can't apply for one.

If you need that particular firearm to do a job that another unrestricted firearm won't do for you, then you are in with a shout of getting a licence for it.

You just need to have a very very good case for needing it.

I wish you all the best in your efforts,if anything ever fell in to the Idontlikethelookofthat category this does:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

BattleCorp wrote: »

If you need that particular firearm to do a job that another unrestricted firearm won't do for you.

Point 1. I cannot think of any circumstance, apart from having a rifle of very heavy calibre for hunting abroad, or the few lads left with centrefire pistols for wa1500 or shooting practical up north, where the shooter can prove a need to own a restricted firearm. You want a semi-auto c/f rifle ? Tough, buy a bolt action. You want a .338 lapua for long range target shooting ? Tough, buy a .308. Thats been my experience of restricted firearms and the licencing of them.
    If there is or was a genuine need for a restricted firearm, the ptb/doj or gardai undermine that need and the need for the restricted firearm disappears. Just look at the attempts of them trying to make out wa1500 was practical. Pitiful.

Point 2. Is, who apart from a gamekeeper, garda or soldier actually needs a firearm, everyone on here i'd say has a firearm of whatever type because we like owning them and shooting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

rowa wrote: »
    Point 1. I cannot think of any circumstance, apart from having a rifle of very heavy calibre for hunting abroad, or the few lads left with centrefire pistols for wa1500 or shooting practical up north, where the shooter can prove a need to own a restricted firearm. You want a semi-auto c/f rifle ? Tough, buy a bolt action. You want a .338 lapua for long range target shooting ? Tough, buy a .308. Thats been my experience of restricted firearms and the licencing of them.
    If there is or was a genuine need for a restricted firearm, the ptb/doj or gardai undermine that need and the need for the restricted firearm disappears. Just look at the attempts of them trying to make out wa1500 was practical. Pitiful.

Point 2. Is, who apart from a gamekeeper, garda or soldier actually needs a firearm, everyone on here i'd say has a firearm of whatever type because we like owning them and shooting them.

I would have to disagree with that post. I applied for a restricted shotgun licence as i have a need for it and there was no problem with getting the licence. I did have to wait for about nine months from the start of the application but they were very busy at the time. Anyway I had a meeting with my CS about my application he was a gentleman listened to what i had to say and said thats grand I am more than happy to grant you the licence etc... He was the nicest gardai I have met actually. So they are not all bad and it isn't that hard to get a restricted firearm once there is a real need.

Advertisement