Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for full heating Instilation

Options
  • 09-11-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi i need a complete heating instalitation put into my house. ie its a two bed terraced house
    I have been quoted for a job to install and fit an 18kw ideal logic a rated condensing gas boiler. 2 channel heating controls splitting heating and hot water with 7 day 24 hr control over each zone, 3 new double panel radiators with thermostatic rad valves All pipework, fittings and labour supplied and fitted.
    total 3500 ex vat is this reasonable and i will receive a grant of 610 on completion is this a fair deal? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

A very good price. Possibly too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ETRY

Thanks Shane id have been happy if you said a very good price, but when you said possibly too good.that made me wonder.
    These guys are registered gas installers so im assuming they are not cowboys?

They might be great installers but get another 2 quotes. See what they come in at. If they are all within the same region, then you will go with who you have most confidence in.
    Being RGI's is not a badge of competency, well sort of is, but not really either if you know what I mean.
    Also Ideals are IMO bottom end of the market, but one of the biggest sellers in Ireland due to price. You have one opportunity to get the system right. You don't want to spend twice on it.

If the Ideal logic is a bottom end boiler whats a better one or what would you recommend? maybe ill ask them what they would charge for a different one?

IMO Viessmann, Ariston & Worchester Bosch. (Price order A, WB, V)
    Still get some alternative quotes though.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the Advice Shane. all the best Emmet

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I have the ideal logic 18 kw in a few weeks and I have to say i'm very pleased.. the house is hopping with it. very quiet in operation also, came with 5 yr guarantee. I had an Ariston in old house which caused me nothing but probs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mark17j wrote: »
    I have the ideal logic 18 kw in a few weeks and I have to say i'm very pleased.. the house is hopping with it. very quiet in operation also, came with 5 yr guarantee. I had an Ariston in old house which caused me nothing but probs

Comparing the new Ariston to the ideal logic is like comparing a Ferrari to a ford mondeo.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Comparing the new Ariston to the ideal logic is like comparing a Ferrari to a ford mondeo.
    I didn't compare them, just pointed out that I had issues.

mark17j wrote: »
    I didn't compare them, just pointed out that I had issues.

Issues with the old Ariston. The new A rated one is miles ahead or the A rated logic boiler

• Advertisement

Issues with the old Ariston. The new A rated one is miles ahead or the A rated logic boiler
    lol i'm sure it is, but lets hope you don't ever have probs with your new Ariston down the road (once out of guarantee), because the parts are very expensive to replace from past experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anner25

I've been fitting logics for over a year and havn't had much hassle. Fit Bosch also find them both excellent ,the important
    thing for me is that I have a reliable back up and good warranty service,got to admit I wouldn't touch Ariston, don't even know who stocks them or who looks after training and warranty.

anner25 wrote: »
    I've been fitting logics for over a year and havn't had much hassle. Fit Bosch also find them both excellent ,the important
    thing for me is that I have a reliable back up and good warranty service,got to admit I wouldn't touch Ariston, don't even know who stocks them or who looks after training and warranty.
    Loads of places stick them. The ideal is as basic a boiler as there is. Whereas the Ariston can be fine tuned and adjusted to suit the exact system it's heating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Loads of places stick them. The ideal is as basic a boiler as there is. Whereas the Ariston can be fine tuned and adjusted to suit the exact system it's heating

Have to agree , wasn't a fan of aristons before but the more I've read about them here the more I like the sound of them. Don't do a lot of installs but I'll be considering one for my next. Have to look into some training in the new year aswell.

Egass13 wrote: »
    Have to agree , wasn't a fan of aristons before but the more I've read about them here the more I like the sound of them. Don't do a lot of installs but I'll be considering one for my next. Have to look into some training in the new year aswell.

I might join you on that training! Gary is mad to share his knowledge!!

Advertisement