Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walks in Cork City

Options
  • 09-11-2013 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on moving to Cork City from Galway in the not too distant future and I am just wondering does Cork City have any walks like The Claddagh Park in Galway?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I don't know the claddagh park, but there are recreational parks and walks in cork. The old railway is a popular one. That goes from the parc ui chaoimh area out along the marina to blackrock. And from there to rochestown and on to passage west.

Ballincollig regional park has good walks.

For short walks there are historic walking trails marked around the city.

Fitzgerald park and out over the shaky bridge is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

The Lee fields and on to Fitzgerald's Park, down the Mardyke and along the walk from there to the old Brewery on the North Mall. From Curaheen to Model Farm Road behind CIT (or visa versa) there's a lovely walk beside the Curaheen river. Behind Tennis Village to Lee Fields. Along the Marina & around the Atlantic pond.

Onethreefive you're spoilt for choice of lovely walks in Cork, all you need is the weather!

Oh and welcome to Cork.

Advertisement