Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre-mock exams

Options
  • 09-11-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Completely forgot to update this log! It's been a busy 2 weeks of exams for my pre mocks! All my results will be given on the parent teacher meeting in a few days...
    The pre-mock exam consisted of:
    English: writing up two essays for the composing section. I did one short story and a personal essay. Also, wrote a Kinsella essay. My final grade will be an average of these topics..
    Irish: an oral exam, caca milis character answer, and midterm work will be added up to give an average grade.
    Maths: midterm questions and an average of my results from the start of the year.
    French: listening exam, written exam and midterm oral work add up for final grade also.
    Biology: the heart, breathing system and blood exam plus exam paper questions.
    Home economics: CHD, diabetes, food choices, dietetic commodities, lipids, protein, and vegetarian diet questions.
    Art: poster on last years title, including a prep sheet, prelim sheet and final poster.

Phew, it was a long two weeks of exams so tired..on the plus side I didn't get any homework for the weekend so using it to relax :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 carrig2009

hey, just wondering if you remember what sorts of written questions came up in your French mock? I've heard immigration featured on one company's paper but I'm trying to get a general idea of what the other companies might have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 justdoitK

carrig2009 wrote: »
    hey, just wondering if you remember what sorts of written questions came up in your French mock? I've heard immigration featured on one company's paper but I'm trying to get a general idea of what the other companies might have used.

hey, written questions consisted mainly of writing a diary entry about a part-time job, also your opinion on emigration was asked: 'more people are leaving the country for jobs abroad, do you think it is necessary to obtain a college degree to be successful?'
    that was it really plus listening, oral and conprehensions on travel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Surely schools are not wasting money buying in 'pre-mocks'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 justdoitK

spurious wrote: »
    Surely schools are not wasting money buying in 'pre-mocks'?

No my school does exams during class before our real mocks, basically like Christmas exams..so no papers are ordered if that's what you mean!

Advertisement