Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works pension

Options
  • 09-11-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Joined my present company about 10yrs back (full time). There was mention of a pension scheme some yrs back (8ish) but was out sick on day rep visited. Was asked later by Co if I wanted in on pension, so thought better in than out and get info from rep on next visit.
    Paying into scheme every 2weeks since but never got to meet rep, got no info in writing and dont know what it covers..(Iknow!! Foolish!!!:oBut just coasted along and am now wondering)...When joining a pension scheme are you supposed to get an update/something in writing each year to say what type of scheme your in, what it covers and what are the benefits...
    Beginning to wonder is it a sick pay scheme or a pension scheme..Dont get payslip as wages transferred to bank each 2wks. Only get P60 if I ask for one but last time I got a P60 it showed deduction of €xxx pension...
    Anyone got any advice...:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

1. You are legally entitled to a payslip regardless of how you are paid.
    2. You should be issued with a P60 no later than Feb. 14 of the year after the relevant tax year.
    3. If you are in a pension you should be getting a yearly statement about how it is performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Ty for reply..
    Co is very laxidasical as to paper work....
    How best to approach this subject with em?? especially the pension scheme issue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

locohobo wrote: »
    Ty for reply..
    Co is very laxidasical as to paper work....
    How best to approach this subject with em?? especially the pension scheme issue

I'd address it on the basis of what you are entitled to recieve tbh.

Check out Citizens information on the subject, you are supposed to get the P60 every year (I used run a payroll) by Feb 14th of the following year.

If you are in a pension you should know the trustees etc of the fund, and get regular statements.

As regards payslips that pure basic, can't believe you are there ten years and not getting them.

Start with the request for a regular payslip and if you get that build on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Ok will try that road with em...
    TY for advice....

Advertisement