Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evicted from Family Home

• 10-11-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭

I am a 31 year old with mental health issues,Aspergers Syndrome,OCD,Diabetes and many other health issues. Yesterday my Mother had me removed from her house while I was attending college. When I arrived home she wouldn't allow me access to the house, there has been a complete breakdown in communications between the two of us for the past two and a half years since my father passed away.

I don't pay any rent and have never had to as it was an agreement made while I am attending college, for the past 6 months I have been trying to leave the house to move out on my own with the help of various different supports however due to financial difficulties I have been unable to do this, I have a serious issue with hoarding which stems from my OCD, yesterday all my things including my college books some which are from the college library, my laptop and laptop chargers, several hundred euros worth of DVDs and games and lots of random rubbish and junk in my bedroom was removed.

Tonight I went into the house with two Garda to retrieve some of my stuff I need for college on Monday and seen everything has been either destroyed or removed, I understand it's not my house but it damn sure is my stuff most of which I have spent near my whole life accumulating, I got no help form the Garda and am now at a loss on what to do next.

Is there any legal action I can take to regain my property or am I out my whole life here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I am a 31 year old with mental health issues,Aspergers Syndrome,OCD,Diabetes and many other health issues. Yesterday my Mother had me removed from her house while I was attending college. When I arrived home she wouldn't allow me access to the house, there has been a complete breakdown in communications between the two of us for the past two and a half years since my father passed away.

I don't pay any rent and have never had to as it was an agreement made while I am attending college, for the past 6 months I have been trying to leave the house to move out on my own with the help of various different supports however due to financial difficulties I have been unable to do this, I have a serious issue with hoarding which stems from my OCD, yesterday all my things including my college books some which are from the college library, my laptop and laptop chargers, several hundred euros worth of DVDs and games and lots of random rubbish and junk in my bedroom was removed.

Tonight I went into the house with two Garda to retrieve some of my stuff I need for college on Monday and seen everything has been either destroyed or removed, I understand it's not my house but it damn sure is my stuff most of which I have spent near my whole life accumulating, I got no help form the Garda and am now at a loss on what to do next.

Is there any legal action I can take to regain my property or am I out my whole life here?
    The charter does not allow legal advice here sorry. You should contact a solicitor.

Best of luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement