Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fibre Athlone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

goalie2 wrote: »
    or are they piggybacking off Eircom?

This...

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

So when eircom upgrade to efibre in my part of athlone the link above is essentially what Vodafone are offering?

So when eircom upgrade to efibre in my part of athlone the link above is essentially what Vodafone are offering?

yes

The only difference will be the link from Athlone to the rest of the world (backhaul) which may have some effect on you but usually it's irrelevant to most consumers

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Thanks Bealtine, I am about 800 metres from nearest exchange so hopefully will get decent speed.

Thanks Bealtine, I am about 800 metres from nearest exchange so hopefully will get decent speed.

probably about 30 down and 8 up at that distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

I see the center part of Athlone has fiber enabled.
    The east side has lots of the new cabinets installed so should be online soon.
    Have only seen one upgraded cabinet on westside of town

Advertisement