Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Switch

Options
  • 10-11-2013 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm looking to get a HDMI switcher as I've more HDMI devices than I do HDMI ports on my TV. I've seen a few on amazon, such as Proxima Direct and Neet, and they all seem to have similar features like as auto-switching and a remote.

Just wondering if there is any potential loss in image quality in using these? The ones I saw on amazon all seem to do the same function, but can vary in price from £5 to £25.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

I have 2 different models here, one I got on ebay and one I got in Aldi.

Both don't appear to have any loss in quality however, both claim to auto switch and neither of them seem to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Had a look at reviews for these switches and seems like there are no issues with quality loss. Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just FYI - quality loss is a marketing buff unless all your content and TV kit are top of the range.

I bought a switcher on Deal Extreme for $5 and it works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paul74910

I bought a 4 way hdmi connector on amazon.
    I have an lg tv but it wont recognise the switch?
    The light come on saying its working but tv is not picking up picture.
    Any ideas?

I take it you've tried the obvious... i.e. Had your digibox/BR player actually on and playing content while choosing the "HDMI" option from your TV's AV source menu?

I know my TV will go to another default source if I choose HDMI but it doesn't detect any signal coming in. And obviously if you have a four-way connector you need to make sure the correct port is active.

• Advertisement

Ive tried everything. Seemingly sky+ hd wont power the hdmi splitter so its useless

Ah yes, I see here Sky + is the problem.
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-SkyHD-Sky-3D/HDMI-splitter/td-p/46167

I have UPC horizon working with a $5 Deal Extreme splitter no probs.

You might have to invest in a powered splitter, it seems.

Ill try that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Dades wrote: »
    Just FYI - quality loss is a marketing buff unless all your content and TV kit are top of the range.

I bought a switcher on Deal Extreme for $5 and it works a charm.

Surely it depends on the source where the signal is coming from rather than the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've used many but found this one to be the best so far, no issues at all with it.

I also bought this option with it just to be sure

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 smithweiser

Is the power necessary for the switch ?

Advertisement