Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any .223 ranges near dublin.

• 10-11-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Newish to rifle shooting been doing the .22 in balbriggan near 6months. Just putting feelers out on what ranges in dublin or near dublin that let you use a .223 rifle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭x00085999

x00085999 wrote: »
    Newish to rifle shooting been doing the .22 in balbriggan near 6months. Just putting feelers out on what ranges in dublin or near dublin that let you use a .223 rifle

Bump

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Simply put - none.

At a guess i'd say there are none within 25 miles or so from the city centre, and that's conservative. It's possible you'd have to travel upwards of 50 miles to hit the nearest range certified for fullbore rifles, and even further for a proper fullbore range (MNSCI).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭x00085999

Thanks for the reply I dont mind the 22lr in future wud like something with more kick but I guess midlands it is for the bigger calibre. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There's a 50m range at Harbour House near Athy, Co. Kildare that caters for centrefire rifles if that's any use to you?

www.harbourhouseshooting.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

BattleCorp wrote: »
    There's a 50m range at Harbour House near Athy, Co. Kildare that caters for centrefire rifles if that's any use to you?

www.harbourhouseshooting.com

Out of curiosity, why on earth would anyone waste centerfire ammo at 50m ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

bravestar wrote: »

There are plenty of centrefire rifle competitions that only go out to between 25m and 50m.

T&P1, Multi-target, 1500 are all competitions shot at between 25m and 50m. Usually shot with lever action centrefire rifles, it's pretty popular. There are more competitions that I haven't mentioned because I'm getting sleepy and the brain has slowed down.

Fair enough, none of them that I know of are shot with .223.

I agree that if you want long range shooting with a .223, then 50m is too short. That said, we have a few guys who shoot .223s on the range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

bravestar wrote: »
    Centerfire ammo isn't necessarily rifle ammo :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Sparks wrote: »
    Centerfire ammo isn't necessarily rifle ammo :P

Absolutely true, badly phrased question on my part! :)

Advertisement