Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Playground Castlebar-Safe for kids?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

i turned back the other day when i seen a gang of dodgy looking types hanging about

is it safe for kids?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

New playground? The one beside the Tennis Courts? I think it's safe enough, haven't seen anyone that much at it apart from parents, wouldn't take kids to it at night though, the odd group of older people (such as myself) like to go up and have a go of the swings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

the big one across from davitt college

i heard it was dodgy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

the big one across from davitt college

i heard it was dodgy

Brought the kids to it plenty of times and never had an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aideenr1

Try the one at the back of the new cemetery, it's only accessible from the lake path or through the graveyard. Have been there a few times with the kids, it's small but haven't seen anyone dodgy hanging around unlike the other playgrounds! Also some exercise equipment up beside it if you were in the mood :-)

Didn't even know their was a playground beside Davitt College!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Didn't even know their was a playground beside Davitt College!

Me either. I wonder is the OP confusing Davitt College and GMIT? The playground at Lough Lannagh is somewhat across from GMIT.

it's beside the bike clinic

it's huge

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Avns1s wrote: »
    Me either. I wonder is the OP confusing Davitt College and GMIT? The playground at Lough Lannagh is somewhat across from GMIT.

The new one at Lough Lannagh I would suspect. There isn't one at Davitt College.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭GBXI

it's huge

You sick, sick puppy.

it's huge

Oh ok. Never knew it existed. Must have a look.

• Advertisement

you people live in castlebar or what?:)

What! ;)

Thats the school you are on about then I presume?

beside bike clinic

i could be mistaken about across from davitt college

beside bike clinic

Well you're more or less across from Davitt College.

beside bike clinic

In Springfield? It might be new. Or is it Scoil Rafferti?
    If its the school its probably private property?

If its Springfield then ya you could have a few "hoodies" there at night, then again I wouldn't go near any playground at night.

i had heard from my children they had trouble with a certain ethnic group there

i didn't like the look of a group when i was approaching the playground so i turned back

i had heard from my children they had trouble with a certain ethnic group there

i didn't like the look of a group when i was approaching the playground so i turned back

Sound, well it might be as well to leave it at that then. Don't want any daft accusations on here now either.
    Thanks

I did till last week! Living in Oz now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Its in town park beside bike clinic and scoil raiftiri (spelled that wrong I think)
    Never had a problem there?? Seems fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

It's the town park. great facility, but not quiet finished yet. once work is done and all lights cctv etc are in place. there should not be an issue. especially when the green way which runs through it is open and there will be lots of people around using the new pitches etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sodalicious

Just stay away from it around dusk (and obviously after dark) and come with your kids, but since you are asking this question here i would already presume that you would be going with the kiddies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

The playground is on the Fairgreen beside Scoil Raiftéirí.
    They've been ridiculously slow at building it and the whole redo of the fairgreen - I'd say they're at it 2 years now. I heard that when it was first done, there were lots of mistakes and it had to be restarted. Anyway, when it's eventually finished, it'll be great.
    The new Greenway will go from here out to the Museum in Turlough. If you're in the car heading out to Ballyvary / Dublin, you can see the work on the greenway at various points to the left, "though not while driving" :D

Advertisement