Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creda Storage Heater not working

Options
  • 10-11-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello

I have 3 Creda storage heaters in my apartment.
    - Switched on Main switches and checked they are ON on Electrical distribution Board
    - Set the input and output as per the manual ( just in case i put both of input and output in the middle) . I can hear clicks when rotating them which mean they should be working fine.
    - the 3 storages are on for the last two nights but none has heat out
    I have attached photos.

Appreciate your help
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I can't see any lit lights in either - are you sure electricity is getting to them? If you set the timers to come on "now" do the lights light up?

Have you a friend with a multimeter (measures electricity voltage & current). Ask them to check and see if there is electricity reaching the main terminals.

It'd be unusual for all 3 heaters to develop the same fault at the same time, it's more likely there is a common fuse, timer or wire that is damaged.

You'll also get more answers over in the electrical forum, I think it's under house and Garden in the rec main forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4 muhjun

Hi quietsailor,

Thanks for the advice. Those old heaters have been replaced by a new radiators which is much better in space & use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

muhjun wrote: »
    Hi quietsailor,

Thanks for the advice. Those old heaters have been replaced by a new radiators which is much better in space & use :)

Ah good, I'm glad you got sorted

Advertisement