Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome slow to start?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 1:21pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This has been bugging me for ages, I have a fast computer that flies for everything, but for some reason Chrome can take ages to load the first tab. It opens very quickly but the tab is blank, and it says "Establishing secure connection" or something in the taskbar. It also said something about waiting on AdBlock -but I've disabled this and it does not help

I even uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome but it was still the same - anything else i can try?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Zascar wrote: »
    This has been bugging me for ages, I have a fast computer that flies for everything, but for some reason Chrome can take ages to load the first tab. It opens very quickly but the tab is blank, and it says "Establishing secure connection" or something in the taskbar. It also said something about waiting on AdBlock -but I've disabled this and it does not help

I even uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome but it was still the same - anything else i can try?
    Thanks

Chrome takes an age for me to start as well (on an iMac). Once it does start it's very quick but it does take what seems like forever before I can do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chrome rapes your drive on boot and close. Run it from an SSD and you wont know what hit you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Chrome takes an age for me to start as well (on an iMac). Once it does start it's very quick but it does take what seems like forever before I can do anything.
    Strange as it is super quikc on my work pc and I'm signed in so they are synced
    ED E wrote: »
    Chrome rapes your drive on boot and close. Run it from an SSD and you wont know what hit you.
    Just ordered an SSD there last week so will see if that makes it quicker!

Advertisement