Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still camping folks?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Are ye locked up for the winter , or still touring , guys and dolls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Rentals seem to have finished up at the moment but we have managed to get out and about ourselves recently .
    We were at the Aviva Stadium last week , stayed in Camac Valley . Seemed to be more UK Reg's than Irish around.
    Previous weekend we were in Hidden Valley for the Halloween themed weekend. Very busy there and a very well organised weekend.
    We'll definitely get another few weekends before Christmas , Santa in Allwee caves or Arigna mines are a great thrill for the kids.
    Theres nothing wrong with our weather , its our clothing thats the problem :-(
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

driving-014.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Enjoying Tramore at the moment - raining now.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

odds_on wrote: »
    Enjoying Tramore at the moment - raining now.

Where did ye park up? - They seem to have cot off the places near the surfing clubs with the recent and ongoing roadworks and changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Martin_D wrote: »
    Where did ye park up? - They seem to have cot off the places near the surfing clubs with the recent and ongoing roadworks and changes.
    Spent the first night by Splash World, and then moved down to the sea front, with the rearof the camper to the skateboard park. Great view out over Tramore Bay and makes it easier to walk down to the sand dunes "The Burrows".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

demoreino wrote: »
    Theres nothing wrong with our weather , its our clothing thats the problem :-(
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

She'd be a great country if you could only roof it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭holyhutzpa

Still getting out and about - which reminds me, anyone know an Eberspacher wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

whats the problem? New thread?

wizard.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Heading to Glenmalure this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 glenmac

Should be good crack in Glenmalure on Saturday night.The local Mountain rescue team are running their annual Moonlight Challenge and 550 walkers and runners will be finishing at the lodge on Saturday night.

Yep, going to be right craic. I just hope we still have enough energy to have the craic.

Are you walking ? Glenmac and Malta stewarding on the night.

glenmac wrote: »
    Are you walking ? Glenmac and Malta stewarding on the night.

Walking, crawling, what ever it takes.

Did you make it to the end

We did indeed, it was a great event. We did make 2 mistakes though. (1) Remember to make bed BEFORE 25k walk and apres beers. (2) Don't sleep in the luton after a 25k walk, it was some job climbing out of the bed in the morning.
    Tried to message ye there but had no internet coverage in the hills.

Great that you enjoyed the walk.Thanks also for supporting the Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

we are just back after a week in our camper.
    took in stratford on avon, manchester & lancashire. stopped off near dundalk on the way home.
    we wild camp winter & summer.
    toni

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

I know we are a bit odd, but we've managed 2 years in our camper truck, ranging from jungles with bugs getting in via places they should not be able to get in, to well sub freezing temps in places like the Salar de Uyuini. It's all in your frame of mind, and having enough of the right clothes to keep dry, and keep warm.

I'm 4 Winters and 3 Summers in. Possibly a bit odd too but I'd rather spend my hard earned on vehicle maintenance than paying someone else's mortgage renting. Have to say it's pretty educational on how to manage limited resources, you develop a true appreciation for things like water and energy. For most I think the cost justifies the usage whereas when you have to source these things yourself daily you waste much less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Just West of Tarifa, weather is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

I'm 4 Winters and 3 Summers in. Possibly a bit odd too but I'd rather spend my hard earned on vehicle maintenance than paying someone else's mortgage renting. Have to say it's pretty educational on how to manage limited resources, you develop a true appreciation for things like water and energy. For most I think the cost justifies the usage whereas when you have to source these things yourself daily you waste much less.
    were you out in the big freeze in 2010?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

all year rounder here too... In fact do more in the winter than the summer..

I use mine for fishing and the winter fishing on the rivers is fantastic..

Was a bit hairy today though with the winds.. akin to flying a kite!!

Back out at 6 am tomorrow.

karmaan wrote: »
    were you out in the big freeze in 2010?

:D Yup. I fled the Pyrenees. Did the Irish snow. Water tank froze, stupid buthane bottle froze. I developed the habit of waking in the middle of the night to put fuel on the fire.
    Then came the Spring so I went to Berlin and realised I had driven to another 2 month's of Winter. smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

This year's a doddle.

Advertisement