Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay as you go meter

Options
  • 10-11-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

i am thinking of returning to eletric ireland but wondering if i can get a "pay as you go meter." my present supplier is paid up to date and i had no arrers.
    so
    1 what would the charges for the meter to be installed ?
    2 is there a charge for using the service ?
    3 is it worthwhile
    regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi i lovewine,

Thanks for your message. As you'll see from visiting the link above (thanks Nypd), there is no installation fee for the electricity pay-as-you-go meter, nor is there an added service charge once you have it installed. Your third question is a little trickier to answer - whether it is worthwhile for a customer really depends on their individual needs and requirements.

Other points to note about the pay-as-you-go meter are that we're not in a position to install them upon request - they are reserved for customers in arrears, and any requests for installation would need to be assessed (in line with the directives of the CER with respect to customer eligibility). They're also not suitable for customers with meters located in apartments (due to access limitations) and customers on a day/night tariff (nightsaver).

The situation for gas pay-as-you-go meters is different; in addition to meters being reserved for customers experiencing difficult paying their bills, gas customers can opt for the pay-as-you-go option as a "lifestyle choice". See here (the "choice" option specifically) for more information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

Thank for your help
    ithink i will just switch back to you guys and continue my enegry  bulb replacement for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

No problem i lovewine, and thanks for getting back to us. :)
    i lovewine wrote:
    ithink i will just switch back to you guys and continue my enegry  bulb replacement for now

Our lighting guide and light bulb calculator could come in handy for this - see here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement