Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see video feed over the net?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭

Using an Eircom router with a fixed ip, can view the cameras no problem inside the network but when viewing over the internet I just get a black image, I think it's something got to do with the media out on the router but not sure?
    Any ideas?
    I can log in and bring up the software just no image.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Have you opened the ports on the firewall of the router from outside to let traffic into the dvr?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your getting the login, the port forwarding seems to be working.
    Are you logging in from a remote PC or an app.
    With a remote PC it could be missing some codec.
    If on a phone app what speed is the connection? Some apps struggle on standard 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ports are forwarded. Used the same machine inside the network and it's fine so it's not a codec, it's an Eircom DSL connection so the upload speed is about 128k max I think, have to check in the morning. I'll try connecting the DVR over 3G to see if it fires it up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ports are forwarded. Used the same machine inside the network and it's fine so it's not a codec, it's an Eircom DSL connection so the upload speed is about 128k max I think, have to check in the morning. I'll try connecting the DVR over 3G to see if it fires it up.

Sounds like the upload could be an issue.

Advertisement