Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car trouble - turbo replacement in ford focus

Options
  • 10-11-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best place to get a replacement turbo in the ford focus. I know it is a big job and the part is very expensive from the main dealers. Greatful for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

What engine? What year?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

jmt26556 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best place to get a replacement turbo in the ford focus. I know it is a big job and the part is very expensive from the main dealers. Greatful for any advice.

Guessing its the 1.6hdi Pug engine..
    Try your local motor factors, you'll be looking at around €700 (rough guess) for the turbo and gasket, not a big job to fit, but worth payin a few quid to get it done right. A good local mechanic would be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jmt26556

corkgsxr wrote: »
    What engine? What year?

It a 1.6 desiel. 2006.

Id also check why it went.

Is the engine starting to sludge up. There a engine that can do repeated turbos if the cause isnt found

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Id also check why it went.

Is the engine starting to sludge up. There a engine that can do repeated turbos if the cause isnt found

Think it was a sludge build up but my local mechanic will know more tommorow. Can part be got cheaper in the uk.

• Advertisement

Think it was a sludge build up but my local mechanic will know more tommorow. Can part be got cheaper in the uk.

It probably was. You need to remove that sludge or your new turbo won't last a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Have a look here over in the Motors thread.Seems this is a common problem in the pre 2007 engine.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86418414

Also have a look here for a turbo with the car dismantlers.No point buying new if the car is only worth a few bob more.
    http://www.partfinder.ie/cgi-bin/scripts/search.pl

Thanks a million. Might be worth taking the chance with reconditioned one rather than a new on as car is 7 years old.

Thanks a million. Might be worth taking the chance with reconditioned one rather than a new on as car is 7 years old.

They also give a 2 year guarantee.You cant go wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement