Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has my broadband speed dropped?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Into my 2nd month with eircom and when I signed up I was told I would get up to16Mbps download speed. During the first month this was fine and I would always get up to around 15Mbps download which I was happy with.

I am now into my 2nd month and my speed has suddenly dropped to between 4 and 5Mbps. Here is a speed test I just carried out:

33eio74.png

Here is the information on the connection from the router:
    111l8jr.png

Why has my speed dropped over 10Mbps since last month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Into my 2nd month with eircom and when I signed up I was told I would get up to16Mbps download speed. During the first month this was fine and I would always get up to around 15Mbps download which I was happy with.

I am now into my 2nd month and my speed has suddenly dropped to between 4 and 5Mbps. Here is a speed test I just carried out:

33eio74.png

Here is the information on the connection from the router:
    111l8jr.png

Why has my speed dropped over 10Mbps since last month?

Hi NotTheMessiah,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NotTheMessiah

PM sent.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

PM sent.

Thanks.
    Hi NotTheMessiah

Thanks for your PM.

I've looked into this and conducted a few tests to discover that there is in fact an issue with your line which would certainly be causing issues with your broadband.

The issue on your line will need to be escalated to engineers however I'm unable to do this from here. Please contact broadband technical support on 1890260260 and mention my findings where the agent you speak to will log this to be resolved by eircom technicians within three working days.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NotTheMessiah

Thanks. I will call later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks. I will call later.

No worries NotTheMessiah

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement