Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to get connected to eFibre?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Ordered an eircom eFibre with eVision bundle 10 days ago. Eircom came to connect the apartment to their network and then told me id get a call with an appointment getting the equipment installed but its been a week and still no call. I rang enquiring about my order but since i dont know my account number ( I wont have one until im connected) they couldnt tell me when id get an appointment. 

Maybe someone from Eircom here can help me get the equipment installed this week?

Edit
    Come on Eircom, whats going on? The cabinet is outside the door and the technicians have already been there to test it. Why cant you just post out the equipment or at least tell me where I could collect it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Same question... +2 weeks waiting and nothing... 

Please advise. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Took me about 2 months to get mine in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I'm into my 6th week of waiting...so don't hold your breath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

I had an installation appointment for Friday last. 
    Surprise Surprise they never showed. 
    Called 1901 at 4 and got passed from Billy to Jack , in the end was told that someone would return my call. I'm still waiting !! Called again this morning only to be told that it would be 3 days before I'd get a return call to reschedule the installation , which will now probably be in a few weeks time. I'm also in a " transition " period , which apparently means I have no Broadband at all until the eFibre goes in. Took a day off work at my own expense last Friday too. 
    Absolutely appalling customer service. 

Very same happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Engineer never showed up and they tried to tell me that there was never any booking in the first place! 3 weeks later I'm still going around in circles. Luckily I still have broadband - but I agree, the customer service is a joke.
    I had an installation appointment for Friday last. 
    Surprise Surprise they never showed. 
    Called 1901 at 4 and got passed from Billy to Jack , in the end was told that someone would return my call. I'm still waiting !! Called again this morning only to be told that it would be 3 days before I'd get a return call to reschedule the installation , which will now probably be in a few weeks time. I'm also in a " transition " period , which apparently means I have no Broadband at all until the eFibre goes in. Took a day off work at my own expense last Friday too. 
    Absolutely appalling customer service. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tomt730

I placed my order with Eircom at the start of October, heard nothing throughout the month and then rang start of November only to find out my order "never" went through. Was told i would receive a call from an engineer which i still have not. I do find that the customer care are not overly helpful. Get transferred to 4 different techs until one of them actually knows what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

Same here. Ordered, got a letter in the post stating a date.

Took the day off work sat at home waiting.

Eventually phoned and was told my appointment had been "rescheduled" for 2 days later.

Eircom couldn't see any problem with that happening at all. I couldn't take another day off work anyway in the hoped that they would grace me with their presence so I cancelled my order.

To be honest the people I spoke to were quite indifferent. The attitude of the people I dealt with that day disgust me still to this day.

I swear, I will never be a customer of eircom ever again. I've given up meteor as well, they have picked up the same complacent attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

No response from the Eircom reps on here either.
    Time for a call to ComReg I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Ordered an eircom eFibre with eVision bundle 10 days ago. Eircom came to connect the apartment to their network and then told me id get a call with an appointment getting the equipment installed but its been a week and still no call. I rang enquiring about my order but since i dont know my account number ( I wont have one until im connected) they couldnt tell me when id get an appointment. 

Maybe someone from Eircom here can help me get the equipment installed this week?

Edit
    Come on Eircom, whats going on? The cabinet is outside the door and the technicians have already been there to test it. Why cant you just post out the equipment or at least tell me where I could collect it?
    Hi mlmcelligott

Can you send us a private message with your eircom account number, name and full address. I can look into this for you.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

Hi Mark

I rang customer care to find out about the order status. Again the eircom customer care rep said they had a record of it being escalated to the eFibre and eVision team but they still didnt have an appointment for me. Ive been waiting for nearly three weeks now and have been onto Eircom several times. Each time I'm told ill be called back with an appointment time and date but I havent gotten a call yet. 

Can you escalate this from your end? Has my order been deleted by accident or whats the delay?

Edit
    Hi mlmcelligott

Can you send us a private message with your eircom account number, name and full address. I can look into this for you.

Mark

• Advertisement

I'm going through same issue. What part of the country are you in? I'm in Newbridge, I'm wondering if there are backlogs in certain areas?
    I had an appointment for installation 5 weeks ago and engineer didn't turn up.
    Have been trying to get appt since then, getting nowhere though!

I don't think its a backlog. The eircom guy who put in the line left me his number and told me to call him when I got my appointmet and he'd make sure to put the gear in within a day or two. I think its an internal issue they're having when their staff on the ground have the gear ready to fit and only need an appointment day so they can get credit for the work of fitting it. I'm in Sligo.

eircom: Mark

So far ive called Ericom 5 times and each time they go through the same process of checking my account, seeing that no appointment date has been set up and tell me they are send a note the to the eFibre or eVision team. Each time i tell them that has already been done and after they confirm it has already been done they say i have to wait for between 3 to 5 days for a response. On a few occasions they say they will call me back with an update but i have yet to get a call. 

I need broadband for work and can no longer wait for Eircom to provide this service. 

Since Eircom haven't maintained their side of the agreement I assume the contract has not began yet hence I wish to cancel the order. 

Can someone from Eircom confirm this? I will be sourcing broadband from another supplier. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

eircom: Mark

So far ive called Ericom 5 times and each time they go through the same process of checking my account, seeing that no appointment date has been set up and tell me they are send a note the to the eFibre or eVision team. Each time i tell them that has already been done and after they confirm it has already been done they say i have to wait for between 3 to 5 days for a response. On a few occasions they say they will call me back with an update but i have yet to get a call. 

I need broadband for work and can no longer wait for Eircom to provide this service. 

Since Eircom haven't maintained their side of the agreement I assume the contract has not began yet hence I wish to cancel the order. 

Can someone from Eircom confirm this? I will be sourcing broadband from another supplier. 
    Hi mlmcelligott

I have requested efibre operations to contact you in relation to the issues surrounding your appointment. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. 

Thanks

Al

Advertisement