Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple sale ?

• 10-11-2013 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I'm looking for info on buying an iPad for Christmas
    As money is tight o so tight ,I was wondering do apple have pre crimson sales ?

Or even better where is the best and most cost effective way to get an iPad ...

Thanks ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Pretty much never, to be honest. I think they do some black friday sales but it's unlikely the Irish store will follow suit.

Chances of discounts are if you're a student you'll get some, or else buy from the refurb store

http://store.apple.com/ie-business/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

All international stores are usually included in the Black Friday sale. The discount is pretty small, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

The Black Friday sale discounts have been available on the Irish store for the last few years but, as mentioned, the discounts aren't great, and you'd be better off keeping an eye on the Irish refurb store with notifications from http://www.refurb.me/ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Pretty much never, to be honest. I think they do some black friday sales but it's unlikely the Irish store will follow suit.

Chances of discounts are if you're a student you'll get some, or else buy from the refurb store

http://store.apple.com/ie-business/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

This question -obviously- has been asked often. Challengemaster summed it up nicely, unless you'll be able to pick one up abroad, the apple refurbs are best value (like new with warranty). Discounts are small and rare. Dixons Dublin airport sell them at slightly reduced prices.
    The Irish online apple store do Black Friday sale as well btw but often new products are excluded (don't expect discount on iPad mini retina) and the discount is very little.
    Dunno if you'd save much in the uk but you could get one in Belfast or use parcelmotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

If you're looking for the new iPad Air, €450 including Parcel Motel delivery costs, saving you €39.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00G4DSRPW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Aodhagan wrote: »
    If you're looking for the new iPad Air, €450 here saving you €39.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00G4DSRPW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Won't deliver to Ireland, though, so you'll have to add the cost of Parcel Motel onto that, plus whatever cut your bank takes for converting it to Euro. And if you have a problem after the 1 year warranty is up, you're kinda screwed as it's a UK marketplace seller who may not exist in 6 months time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Last year, just after the iPad 4 launch, the apple.ie sire had €50 off them on Black Friday. I bought my dad's one on that sale. Worth waiting for at this stage now.

Won't deliver to Ireland, though, so you'll have to add the cost of Parcel Motel onto that, plus whatever cut your bank takes for converting it to Euro. And if you have a problem after the 1 year warranty is up, you're kinda screwed as it's a UK marketplace seller who may not exist in 6 months time.

The parcel motel fee is included in that pricing & the warranty is from Apple not the Amazon seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The parcel motel fee is included in that pricing & the warranty is from Apple not the Amazon seller.
    Where does it say parcel motel cost is included? If you read the post properly he said after the 1 year warranty is up.

guil wrote: »
    Where does it say parcel motel cost is included? If you read the post properly he said after the 1 year warranty is up.

It doesn't, I'm saying it now. What good would the supplier be after the warranty expires anyway? You would still go through Apple and try to sort something like a repair or whatever.

The OP wanted a cheaper option to get an iPad and I suggested one. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I presume SP was hinting at the SoG if you buy it in ireland

guil wrote: »
    I presume SP was hinting at the SoG if you buy it in ireland

This way you get a free Smart Cover :)

Apple won't be of any help after the 1 year warranty expires. Under Irish SoG and EU consumer law, your contract is with the seller and that's who you have to make a claim with. For the sake of 30-40 euro I'd rather buy it from Apple or an Irish reseller.

Advertisement