Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to contact?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭

Who to contact?

In july this year i booked a car for a holiday in italy.

The company took €110 of a deposit. A week later they emailed back to say they didn't have the car, so i could..

Get a refund of the deposit or take a different car.

I asked for the refund. Only problem is i still never got the refund. I've tried calling the company, emailing them but i'm getting nowhere.

What or who could/should i contact for resolution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

In the first instance, it may be no harm to sound out the Dublin office of the European Consumer Centre and speak with an advisor, they're most helpful.

http://www.eccireland.ie/

Presume you paid with a credit card also, so you should be able to initiate a chargeback if all other avenues have failed to yield a satisfactory result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I suggest your deal with this promptly. With Visa you have 120 days since the transaction date to initiate a charge-back so you probably don't have many days left.

Advertisement