Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEC show

• 10-11-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

Im in the market for all new gear and thinking about heading over to the bike show in Birmingham for it all. Has anyone been there and knows if there is good bargains to be had?

To fly over and back on Saturday the 30th its looking like about 120 quid for a return flight plug food money and its bout 25 quid into the show.

If the gear prices are good it would hopefully offset the cost of getting there.

Any feedback from people who have been there would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

WHAT!!!!

120 de niros for the flight. Its costing me €22 return incld taxes with ryanair... try to get a flight on the 27th Goodlad there are a few of us off here going.

You will deffo have a hugh range and choice, plus you will pay no VAT on helmets etc in the UK. If you need gear it would be the best place to get it...even more so if you went on the last day and haggled hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yeah i can get a return flight on the 27th for about 50 quid. But that also means taking a days holidays which i don't have. For flights over on the final weekend its over 100 quid.

The MCN show in London was recommended to me for gear over the NEC show. I don't some looking into that and the advice seems good. The MCN show seems to have a lot more gear stands.

I will be going to both, I dont need gear so thats why I am going to the NEC to see the bikes and stands. They also have a good few activities etc..

Yeah man, the NEC deffo looks like a great day out. I was having a look over all the stuff at it. Will keep the few quid aside and hit up the MCN show in london.

Pricy to fly to the MCN show as its valentines weekend and flight prices are already kinda high. Deffo gonna book it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Who is heading to the NEC Show from here?

Id nearly book it myself, it looks like a good day out over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Who is heading to the NEC Show from here?

Id nearly book it myself, it looks like a good day out over there

Too short notice for me:( Although I could be interested in the MCN show.

Leppla, Wondaboy and SeanCBF are heading over Darren. 27th of November.....flights cost us €23 incld all taxes and charges.

Flights booked, really looking forward to this now!

Im gonna hang on and head for the MCN show next year and try pickup some stuff there.
    For now im gonna get shopping for a new lid and boots.
    Probs gonna get the TCX Desert Goretex boots. Great reviews.
    Gotta find a new lid too. My s900 is way to noisy on the motorway. Gonna try spend a few more quid than usual and get a good helmet.

Any recommendations on something that's quiet on motorways, pinlock compatible and comfortable would be great. Ive about 350 quid to play with for a lid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

goodlad wrote: »
    Im gonna hang on and head for the MCN show next year and try pickup some stuff there.
    For now im gonna get shopping for a new lid and boots.
    Probs gonna get the TCX Desert Goretex boots. Great reviews.
    Gotta find a new lid too. My s900 is way to noisy on the motorway. Gonna try spend a few more quid than usual and get a good helmet.

Any recommendations on something that's quiet on motorways, pinlock compatible and comfortable would be great. Ive about 350 quid to play with for a lid.

Like everything, get into a few different shops & try on loads of brands and brand types. Pick the one that fits best and suits your needs.

Helmet City are doing a sale on Shoei XR1100 lids, coming in at about €350 delivered, here. I have the XR1000 and find it great. Little bit noisy on the motorway but that'll be the same for all lids.

Fúck ye! You have me window shopping now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

ear plugs!!

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Like everything, get into a few different shops & try on loads of brands and brand types. Pick the one that fits best and suits your needs.

Helmet City are doing a sale on Shoei XR1100 lids, coming in at about €350 delivered, here. I have the XR1000 and find it great. Little bit noisy on the motorway but that'll be the same for all lids.

Fúck ye! You have me window shopping now!

Hehe, thanks man. Ive heard a lot of good things about those lids. I will suss out where has them instock here and go try em on for a sizing.
    Thats actually my plan for the weekend anyway. Will drop into cotters and bikeworld and have a peek.

These are the boots im going for after reading a load of reviews.

http://www.motostorm.it/en/details.asp?articolo=387
    serious3 wrote: »
    ear plugs!!

I tried this before but it freaks me out for whatever reason.

If you don't like the ear plugs, Shoei do a chin curtain and/or whisper kit for their lids.

The XR1100 has a chin curtain to prevent air turbulence and help reduce noise.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    If you don't like the ear plugs, Shoei do a chin curtain and/or whisper kit for their lids.

The XR1100 has a chin curtain to prevent air turbulence and help reduce noise.

Sounds good man. Just gotta size one up at the weekend.
    In a shard, caberg and duchinni im a medium but i guess trying on is still a must instead of assuming.

Sounds good man. Just gotta size one up at the weekend.
    In a shard, caberg and duchinni im a medium but i guess trying on is still a must instead of assuming.

Definitely try them, you might find that they do not fit your noggin properly!

I seen the monster helmet I wear for as little as €300 its the HJC RPHA-10 and was €595 at one stage. Very quiet, light as anything and takes a pinlock!

Just had a look at my passport and its expired by a few months

I wonder if i applied tomorrow morning for one would i have it in time for the 27th

Bloody raging here:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I think it takes 10 working days for an emergency passport. Could be wrong

Going to check it out in the local Post Office 1st thing tomorrow morning

Completely slipped my mind to renew it during the summer :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

im heading over on the 28th - ive never been so really looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I wonder if i applied tomorrow morning for one would i have it in time for the 27th

I got my passport a few weeks ago, its the end of the season so they're not busy, just filled out the form left it in the post office and got it a week later. I'd say you'd get it in time

I had been planning to pick up leathers too but sportsbike shop have a sale on.
    A set of RST Slice leathers is coming in around €330

You flying Ryan air or aer lingus. I presume it's Ryan air cos of the price but if it's aer lingus you can fly using your driving license

sonic85 wrote: »
    im heading over on the 28th - ive never been so really looking forward to it!

We are gonna be still over there on the 28th so we must arrange a meet before we go....unless you are an anti social b*tard :pac::pac:

I had been planning to pick up leathers too but sportsbike shop have a sale on.
    A set of RST Slice leathers is coming in around €330

Thats not too far off what I paid for them in bikeworld Gary....when you get the 15% off. So go up and try them on etc....I would rather get them over here then online in case they rip or something under warranty saves all the messing around with sending them back.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Thats not too far off what I paid for them in bikeworld Gary....when you get the 15% off. So go up and try them on etc....I would rather get them over here then online in case they rip or something under warranty saves all the messing around with sending them back.

Yup I agree man. I will be heading to Bikeworld on saturday to get the right size and see what price they will do

They seriously cull the sizes they keep after the summer so chances are you will be ordering them in....but try to get the RST under garments for the cold aswell so you will get another 5% off on top of the 15%. 15%-20% of 400 yoyos is not to be sneezed at.

Ah yeah man sure i would expect to order them in. Once i can nail down what size is best im happy enough to order.

Popping into cotters for a lid. They price matched helmet city last year for me so im hoping they will do the same again.

Gonna order my boots online tonight.

Goodlad,

When you are getting the leathers make sure they are really really tight on you but that you can get into. If you can get into them easy they are too big. They should be incredibly snug as they will loosen out a big after a while.

• Advertisement

Well just back from the show and it was really good, did so much walking my feet are falling off. Some absolute bargains I got, bought a shark ego 3 helmet for £225 sterling. Helmet city have it in stock for €405!!!

Also did the free Yamaha motor cross experience twice which was unbelievable. Riding around on 250cc 4 stroke machines for 15 mins on a purpose built track.

Advertisement