Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallet lost Headford Road Tesco

Options
  • 10-11-2013 8:40pm

My girlfriend wad in dealz earlier this evening around 6:20 and after paying for a few things went back to grab a few more items. It was when paying the second time that she realised her wallet was gone.

She and staff checked and we're unable to locate it. She asked for the cameras to be checked but was told only a manager can do so and it would be during the week before that could done. Would have been handy if she could have seen if somebody stole it as they might have still been around.

Know this a long shot but if someone happens to be around the area that they could keep an eye out. Having just git paid, her week's wages were in there, all her cards, aswell as a number of personable items.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

The on duty manager or supervisor should have access to the CCTV I would have stood your ground, even if you called the guards they would have made them review the footage there and then. Try contacting there head office and make an official complaint.

paconnors wrote: »
    The on duty manager or supervisor should have access to the CCTV I would have stood your ground, even if you called the guards they would have made them review the footage there and then. Try contacting there head office and make an official complaint.

I picked my girlfriend up wrong when she was telling me about it. A member of staff did try to check the cameras but no one knew how to go back. My girlfriend was quite upset over it all, losing her wages and with it our months rent was bad but the sentimental value of the wallet and some if the contents is what really upset her. Considering the number of times the two of us have found money or a wallet and handed it in or tracked down the owner were hoping that karma will smile upon us and the wallet and contents will show up.

Some good news. Went back into Dealz today and initially they couldn't find anything on the cameras. My girlfriend left and was quite upset only to get a call a few minutes later from the manager telling her that after looking back over the footage he found the incident. On the cameras it shows a couple behind her at the tills and after she pays and puts her wallet in her bag the mans hand shoots out and grabs it. It's so quick that you could easily miss it. Best of all is the fact that the person who stole the wallet then paid using a card.

Went to the Guards this evening and hoping that something will be done as it's not hard to trace someone through credit card.

Thats Good News

And for your man who nicked the wallet, What a fool to nick something and then pay by card, how stupid can you get. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

paconnors wrote: »
    Thats Good News

And for your man who nicked the wallet, What a fool to nick something and then pay by card, how stupid can you get. lol

Unless the card he used was stolen too

• Advertisement

Unless he stole the PIN as well, highly doubt it, stolen cards are usually stopped straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Any update?

Still waiting on the guards to get back to us. From past experience in similiar situations, it may take a lot of chasing before they do anything. Going to head in to them tomorrow if they don't ring before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Good luck i hope you can get the iteams back. At least your on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Was it in Tesco or Dealz? Thread title is very misleading.

• Advertisement

Sofa King wrote: »
    Was it in Tesco or Dealz? Thread title is very misleading.

Read the opening post and you'd see. The reason for mentioning Tesco, Headford Road was in the hopes that someone may have found a wallet thrown around the place. Most people who steal something like a wallet will dispose of it as soon as they have taken any money or cards from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Any joy yet OP? -

Just an update on this. Guards have been of absolutely no help and haven't so much as got in contact to offer an update. Heading into the barracks tomorrow to hopefully talk with the guard who is dealing with the complaint as they've not been in any time when we stopped in recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

AGS have been busy boys recently saving Ireland from its fatal cannabis addiction so you can't blame them for not dealing with real crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I so hope this works out.

If I went through that-upset about losing wallet-relief and amazement over catching the thief on camera-sense of luck when idiot thief pays by card-then the frustration at seeing the authorities responsible do nothing, I would lose it. :mad:

Talk about having it basically handed to them on a platter. The longer they do nothing, the smaller the chance that thiefman hangs on to the wallet itself so keep following up without mercy I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Thank God for karma. Stoopid asses lousy feicers get what's long coming to them. I hope they're made pay back every last cent.

4 months or so later and finally there's been some news. Now don't go thinking that the Guards found the culprit or anything but my girlfriend received a phone call today from her bank to inform her that her wallet had been handed into a post office. They didn't offer up any more information than that but considering that the wallet was stolen and not simply lost, were not holding out any hope that the money is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

4 months or so later and finally there's been some news. Now don't go thinking that the Guards found the culprit or anything but my girlfriend received a phone call today from her bank to inform her that her wallet had been handed into a post office. They didn't offer up any more information than that but considering that the wallet was stolen and not simply lost, were not holding out any hope that the money is still there.

was the po in Galway city?

Advertisement