Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On-ear Headphones - recommend ?

• 10-11-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Can't wear in-ear buds and don't want to wear huge ear-covering ones that look godawful in public .. :D

I was looking at Aiaiai Tracks on Amazon and they look like what I want.

But I was wondering if anyone has another suggestion (<€100) or feedback on those ?

I like good sound but realise this price doesn't deliver that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Piliger wrote: »
    Can't wear in-ear buds and don't want to wear huge ear-covering ones that look godawful in public .. :D

I was looking at Aiaiai Tracks on Amazon and they look like what I want.

But I was wondering if anyone has another suggestion (<€100) or feedback on those ?

I like good sound but realise this price doesn't deliver that.

This price bracket definitely delivers good sound!

JVC S500s would be one of my top suggestions

In saying that, if it was my money, i'd jump on a set of these RIGHT NOW

http://ue.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/ue6000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I do appreciate the input, both of those look very large and the kind I am trying to void :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

The S500s are anything but large, they simply sit on your ears and don't cover them fully! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I had a pair of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-100-II-Foldable-Open-Headphone/dp/B002VPDOHI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384164142&sr=8-2&keywords=sennheiser+px100

The sound out of them was great, but couldn't handle them sitting on my ears (have to either be in or over for me now).

There's a few options with them, you can get open backed (like above) or closed back (px200) or even noise cancelling (px250). All of them come with a nifty carrying case too...

marko93 wrote: »
    The S500s are anything but large, they simply sit on your ears and don't cover them fully! :)

Ok .. maybe the photos are misleading ? I'll check them out again ... thanks :D

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    I had a pair of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-100-II-Foldable-Open-Headphone/dp/B002VPDOHI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384164142&sr=8-2&keywords=sennheiser+px100

The sound out of them was great, but couldn't handle them sitting on my ears (have to either be in or over for me now).
    I feel the same when they have a really strong spring ..... but as long as the pressure on the ear is gentle, I enjoy them. Obviously in-ear would be better but I have tried lots and they either fall out all the time, or the deep ones give me a literal pain in the ear after about 15 minutes.
    There's a few options with them, you can get open backed (like above) or closed back (px200) or even noise cancelling (px250). All of them come with a nifty carrying case too...
    I'll check them out - thanks :D

I know you didn't like the style but did you feel they were very tight ? medium or light touch ? if you can recall ? I do have a problem with headphones that squeeze in ... after half an hour or so.
    I have a pair of Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 that we use for skype and they pich my ears something awful!

Piliger wrote: »
    I know you didn't like the style but did you feel they were very tight ? medium or light touch ? if you can recall ? I do have a problem with headphones that squeeze in ... after half an hour or so.
    I have a pair of Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 that we use for skype and they pich my ears something awful!

No, they sat quite well on the ear without squeezing them - I just realised after I got them that on-ear headphones are not my thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

How do the sennheiser px200 fold up size-wise?
    I have a little set of headphones that fit in my coat pockets and have a brace so they don't fall out, but the sound isn't that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Porta-On-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B005I497OI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384565633&sr=8-2&keywords=koss+portapro

I have two pairs of these. Very light, stay on well, sound great and a steal at the price.

also have these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Clip-On-Stereo-Headphones-Smartphone/dp/B0006B486K/ref=pd_sim_ce_4 Not as bassy but great sounding none the less.

• Advertisement

eyerer wrote: »
    How do the sennheiser px200 fold up size-wise?
    I have a little set of headphones that fit in my coat pockets and have a brace so they don't fall out, but the sound isn't that great.

They fold up into a case about the same size as a glasses case.

They fold up into a case about the same size as a glasses case.

They look great folded up, but the reviews say the cables don't last. That's a shame.
    Is there a more durable alternative? I wouldn't drop 60 quid on headphones that don't last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Are Monster Ncredible nTune On-ear headphones any good?
    Available on ibood today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

eyerer wrote: »
    They look great folded up, but the reviews say the cables don't last. That's a shame.
    Is there a more durable alternative? I wouldn't drop 60 quid on headphones that don't last

Mine are still going strong after 4 years of regular use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://mobile-ue.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/ue4000

Probably the cheapest small headphones with detachable cable you'll find.

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Mine are still going strong after 4 years of regular use.

Are they comfortable, can you wear them for long periods?
    No local shops stock them so I'll need to order online.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Worth checking out the AKG K451...

http://www.whathifi.com/review/akg-k451

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

+1 JVC S500s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

After reading good reviews for Jay V-Jays on Headfonia, so ordered a pair for myself (€35 from BlocBuy on Adverts).

The reviewer prefers them to the PX-100-ii and PX-200-ii so I'm excited to see how I find them.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    After reading good reviews for Jay V-Jays on Headfonia, so ordered a pair for myself (€35 from BlocBuy on Adverts).

The reviewer prefers them to the PX-100-ii and PX-200-ii so I'm excited to see how I find them.

I'm involved in BlocBuy - didn't want to shout it in this thread as I might get in trouble but seeing as you've mentioned :pac:

Our supplier in the UK confirmed that the v-JAYS are in stock and we'll have them by around Wednesday. They are a great headphone for the money - I think you'll be impressed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement