Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to my student account after 6th year

Options
  • 10-11-2013 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

i have had a a 2nd level student account with aib as i have had since 2008 when i leave school in may what happens to it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

trades101 wrote: »
    i have had a a 2nd level student account with aib as i have had since 2008 when i leave school in may what happens to it ?

Are you going to college? Pop into AIB and make sure they convert it to a (college) student account.

Otherwise, consider switching to PTSB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 trades101

Fungus wrote: »
    Are you going to college? Pop into AIB and make sure they convert it to a (college) student account.

Otherwise, consider switching to PTSB.

ye im going to college. Would i have to do it before my LC results are out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

trades101 wrote: »
    ye im going to college. Would i have to do it before my LC results are out ?

Probably okay to wait until you have college confirmation to show AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You dont have to do a thing. When I opened my account they took what year I was supposed to finish secondary at, which was 2 years ago, but I still havent got a phonecall and I still have a student account( Im in college so I can keep it, but they havent asked if Im in college)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I got a letter from my bank 3 years after finishing college to say that my student account was going to be switched from student to regular account (or whatever type of account they were calling it). I never used that account in recent years so thats why I forgot it was a student account until I got the letter.

Basically just leave it until they inform you that it'll be changing, and if youre still a student when that happens then show then youll probably have to prove it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement