Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean McGinley (actor) - where in Donegal is he from?

Options
  • 10-11-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone tell me on where Sean McGinley is actually from, as his IMDB page says he's from Gweedore,
    but i saw somewhere he's actually from Ballyshannon whether it was in the Democrat or tv, as it was about Ballyshannon 400 & the people that came from there.
    I was just reminded of it as i saw the repeat of Local Heroes from Ballyshannon on RTE1 @ 8.30pm.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

McGinley was born in Pettigo, County Donegal, Ireland where his father was a customs officer, and raised in nearby Ballyshannon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%A1n_McGinley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

McGinley was born in Pettigo, County Donegal, Ireland where his father was a customs officer, and raised in nearby Ballyshannon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%A1n_McGinley

Thanks a lot for that, i didnt realise that he lived in Pettigo, as i have relations in between there & Ballintra.

I remember him from Closer You Get which was based in Kincasslagh with Pat Shortt, it was a funny film, the 4th series of Republic of Doyle is on Watch ch. Mon@7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Thanks a lot for that, i didnt realise that he lived in Pettigo, as i have relations in between there & Ballintra.

I remember him from Closer You Get which was based in Kincasslagh with Pat Shortt, it was a funny film, the 4th series of Republic of Doyle is on Watch ch. Mon@7pm

It could have been a very good film except the producer couldn't keep his nose out of the editing process

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

There was another Seán McGinley, a fine actor from Gweedore.

From Wikipedia:

Seán McGinley (1952–2009), known as Seán Mac Fhionnghaile, was an Irish actor from County Donegal. He was known primarily for his comic roles, particularly for his leading roles in the TG4 sitcoms C.U. Burn and Gleann Ceo, as well as RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta comedy series Cois Cuan. He was executive producer for the 12-part series, FFC, and was a member of Aisteoiri Ghaoth Dobhair, an actors' group.

solas111 wrote: »
    There was another Seán McGinley, a fine actor from Gweedore.

From Wikipedia:

Seán McGinley (1952–2009), known as Seán Mac Fhionnghaile, was an Irish actor from County Donegal. He was known primarily for his comic roles, particularly for his leading roles in the TG4 sitcoms C.U. Burn and Gleann Ceo, as well as RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta comedy series Cois Cuan. He was executive producer for the 12-part series, FFC, and was a member of Aisteoiri Ghaoth Dobhair, an actors' group.

That's the Sean McGinley that was confusing people on IMDB :P
    Himself & Hughie 'Beag' Duibheannaigh from Ranafast were hilarious as brothers Vincie & Charlie Burn running a crematorium on turf!
    love to see it on TG4 again, afaik i think he was a scriptwriter as well on the show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

He's 'from' Ballyshannon.

He's featured tonight on Nationwide, as i just saw a few seconds of the trailer for it.

Advertisement