Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know why Domino's don't accept online orders anymore?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked already but why is Domino's Waterford no longer accepting online orders through the site?

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The website is bolloxed and they still haven't bothered fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I'd say that its cost them a few customers, I know I havent ordered a pizza off them since they stopped online ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

shockwave wrote: »
    I'd say that its cost them a few customers, I know I havent ordered a pizza off them since they stopped online ordering.

I haven't, either. The pizza I usually order isn't on the menu anymore, so I have to specify the toppings when ordering - much less hassle to do this online, plus you seem to be allowed more toppings when ordering online. I have to leave a couple of toppings off when I order over the phone.

I was told by a member of staff that it's a problem with the equipment that connects the store's ordering system to the Domino's website, but I've no idea why they haven't got it fixed yet. They must be losing thousands every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Maybe an email here:
    Contact Domino's Pizza Head Office
    Domino's Pizza Group plc
    1 Thornbury
    West Ashland
    Milton Keynes
    MK6 4BB
    Tel: 01908 580000
    Email: comments@dominos.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

There was an issue with their internet provider when they switched from O2 to Vodafone meaning that they were cut off - these things take forever - i know from experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

There was an issue with their internet provider when they switched from O2 to Vodafone meaning that they were cut off - these things take forever - i know from experience.

Thats nothing to do with the fact they wont fork out to Developers to fix their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

As per their Facebook page, online orders up and running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

We wanted to order the big night in meal deal a few weeks ago. It was on the online menu. When we rang to order they said it could only be ordered online and they couldn't accept the order over the phone but as the online ordering wasn't working we couldn't order it. Haven't ordered from there since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

more than pizza is nicer anyway lads go there in future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Serious problems with the site lately, it's quite fussy about taking addresses. I've had to place peoples orders for them on the internet in-store recently just so they can use the discount codes!

• Advertisement

Domino's are useless these days, they really need to hire some people who can speak English. I spent about 5 minutes ordering having to repeat everything twice and I specifically asked for a BBQ base three time because that is how I like my pizza and twice out of the past three times it came without it.

They never answer their phone any more either. It is an ordeal to actually order now when you do manage to, they have an ignorant African delivery driver and the order is wrong so much its just not worth ordering from there any more.

They used to be my favourite place in town by far but they have really gone to the dogs, the delivery driver actually gave out that I refused to get dressed and meet him half way down the road. (Its called door step delivery for a reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Domino's are useless these days, they really need to hire some people who can speak English. I spent about 5 minutes ordering having to repeat everything twice and I specifically asked for a BBQ base three time because that is how I like my pizza and twice out of the past three times it came without it.

THAT IS A ****ING DISGRACE!!! What did the Gardaí say?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Its obviously a customer services issue:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Give over. This is a discussion board. He's well entitled to be annoyed over it. It's basic customer service which they've gotten wrong on more than one occasion.

With the competition for fast for and pizza in Watergord, they should all be on their game.

Hey Jason, Hi Vic!

I was only joking around buddies, apologies.

Have a great Sunday!

Think I'll report that response.

When I decide to treat myself and drop €20 on a pizza which I cant do often, I expect the thing to at least come how I like it. Not in a way that I barely like, it is obviously wrong if I ask for a specific thing for my money and they dont give me what I ask for.

Think I'll report that response.

When I decide to treat myself and drop €20 on a pizza which I cant do often, I expect the thing to at least come how I like it. Not in a way that I barely like, it is obviously wrong if I ask for a specific thing for my money and they dont give me what I ask for.

You could just stop ordering from them?

You could just stop ordering from them?

I have recently. I was just informing people of what to expect if they order from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

In fairness, I think Membersonly was just trying to be light hearted but I can understand how frustrating it is when you pay for something and it isnt right. I am glad you voted with your feet.

cali_eire wrote: »
    In fairness, I think Membersonly was just trying to be light hearted but I can understand how frustrating it is when you pay for something and it isnt right. I am glad you voted with your feet.

This isn't after hours though.

• Advertisement

This isn't after hours though.
    No it's not but in the big scheme of things I don't think any harm was meant or caused. If we let everyone who doesn't act quite perfectly annoy us in life we are going to spend most of our time pretty frustrated. Easier said than done I know but it's just not worth the energy sometimes.

cali_eire wrote: »
    No it's not but in the big scheme of things I don't think any harm was meant or caused. If we let everyone who doesn't act quite perfectly annoy us in life we are going to spend most of our time pretty frustrated. Easier said than done I know but it's just not worth the energy sometimes.

Yeah but this is a thread to discuss Dominos, not to take the mick. He needs to grow up and why are you defending him do you know him?

Anyway we better stop going off topic, if you want to respond pm me or something.

Yeah but this is a thread to discuss Dominos, not to take the mick. He needs to grow up and why are you defending him do you know him?

Anyway we better stop going off topic, if you want to respond pm me or something.

The greatest sentence ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

God dammit this isnt After Hours, this is the Waterford City forum!

Discuss.

Dude ... it's cool I wasnt necessarily defending him (and no I dont know him) I was basically saying to chill a little. Anyway, sorry to all for going off topic on Dominio's.
    Peace out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

what you should do then is always pay with cash when ordering online and if the goods are'nt what you ordered refuse the delivery and tell em where to go!!!! i ordered on there website one sat nite at 2am and paid with my card, when the delivery guy came he looked to see my card that i ordered with!! he was politely told to FCUK OFF that he was'nt getting my card as i gave my details online!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

They never answer their phone any more either. It is an ordeal to actually order now when you do manage to, they have an ignorant African delivery driver and the order is wrong so much its just not worth ordering from there any more.

They used to be my favourite place in town by far but they have really gone to the dogs, the delivery driver actually gave out that I refused to get dressed and meet him half way down the road. (Its called door step delivery for a reason)

An Ignorant AFRICAN Delivery Driver? have you got an issue with Africans? Why didnt you just say and ignorant delivery driver. Were you angry that he was African or that he was an ignorant delivery guy? I had an Ignorant European Delivery guy once what an outrage, Ignorant people come in all shapes and forms colour and nationality, you know Irish people can also be ignorant sometimes

An Ignorant AFRICAN Delivery Driver? have you got an issue with Africans? Why didnt you just say and ignorant delivery driver. Were you angry that he was African or that he was an ignorant delivery guy? I had an Ignorant European Delivery guy once what an outrage, Ignorant people come in all shapes and forms colour and nationality, you know Irish people can also be ignorant sometimes

I knew someone would pick on that, no the fact he was "African" is not why I didn't like him. Only reason I stated that is because in customer service I have had a few bad experiences with Africans, if he had of been American I would of said American etc. I was just saying he was African to see if anyone else had bad experiences with him because I haven't had bad experiences with their other drivers.

Why is it with P.C. these days you cant even mention the word African without someone on a high horse coming along and picking on it. Did I mention there was anything wrong with Africans in my post? no?

Irish people can be ignorant as well but he wasn't Irish so that isn't relevant only reason, I wouldn't say if I had an Irish delivery is because it wouldn't narrow it down at all considering we live in Ireland.

I really don't know why this post annoys me so much but it just does, like Africans can stand up for themselves and why bring colour into it are all Africans black?

The obvious reason I said he was African is because this is Ireland so an African driver wont be as common as an Irish one and that will give people and idea of who I am talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I really don't know why this post annoys me so much but it just does, like Africans can stand up for themselves and why bring colour into it are all Africans black?

The obvious reason I said he was African is because this is Ireland so an African driver wont be as common as an Irish one and that will give people and idea of who I am talking about.

How do you know im not African? your making alot of assumptions and there is already alot of racial tension towards Africans in Waterford and presumptions made about them, they are scroungers leaving buggies next to bus stops one minute and when they are working they are ignorant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement