Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So today after the xbox update I can finally connect to a server, I am not sure if it is related though. However, the lag is unreal, at some point I was running around with only half the body out of the ground, the rest of it was covered by it. I havent had major lag issue (aside of the normal lag you get when you are playing USA etc).

Well better than nothing I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Locker can be funny in obliteration when the bomb gets trapped between two choke points and any attempt to get it just results in a suicide mission

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well I'm back for another rant after another run of hateful, heartbreaking games.
    I'm sick to death of it, trying to PTFO while getting constantly one shotted by everything and everyone camping everywhere while my weapons do minimal damage. Plenty of hit markers but they only seem to take 20 to 30% damage. Ending a round at 2-20 without even being able to get near a flag is not the Battlefield I want to play.

Sometimes it does work, I can play a round were I take damage but can get to cover (even on hardcore, probably even more so). I can engage other players and hit and kill them at what feels a fair frequency. I feel like we're on an equal level. But today I'm staring down the shaft of that ****ing bow and arrow again.

:mad:

I've never had a single game infuriate me as much as BF4, I'm sorry for going on about it and I'm sorry for bitching on the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

5uspect wrote: »
    Well I'm back for another rant after another run of hateful, heartbreaking games.
    I'm sick to death of it, trying to PTFO while getting constantly one shotted by everything and everyone camping everywhere while my weapons do minimal damage. Plenty of hit markers but they only seem to take 20 to 30% damage. Ending a round at 2-20 without even being able to get near a flag is not the Battlefield I want to play.

Sometimes it does work, I can play a round were I take damage but can get to cover (even on hardcore, probably even more so). I can engage other players and hit and kill them at what feels a fair frequency. I feel like we're on an equal level. But today I'm staring down the shaft of that ****ing bow and arrow again.

:mad:

I've never had a single game infuriate me as much as BF4, I'm sorry for going on about it and I'm sorry for bitching on the servers.
    I play hard core seams to be fairer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I play hard core seams to be fairer

Yeah, because "fairer" means whoever shoots first wins... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Yeah, because "fairer" means whoever shoots first wins... :D

No, it means fairer as in who can hide as far from the objective as possible sniping. "Fun"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    No, it means fairer as in who can hide as far from the objective as possible sniping. "Fun"

To be fair, I sincerely doubt there are more rooftop-style camping snipers in hardcore than there are in normal mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm just surprised people are still risking walking on rooftops with the SUAV in the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Sparks wrote: »
    I'm just surprised people are still risking walking on rooftops with the SUAV in the game...

New 890MB patch out. SUAV radkilling is gone. :(

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770534426141/

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
    -Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
    -Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
    -Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details)
    -Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
    -Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
    -Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
    -Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
    -Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
    -Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
    -Made NVidia 331.82 or later driver versions mandatory for all players.
    -Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
    -Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
    -Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
    -Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

“Netcode” improvement

We’ve addressed the so called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

UPDATE: We have noticed that players who have SLI enabled on their graphics card may experience graphical flickering. Also, we're looking into the issue where the revive bar would get stuck on-screen in some instances. Both of these have our attention, and we're investigating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

since new patch I cant play anymore. :(

massive packet loss everytime.

So I'll give it a day or so to settle and then try again

• Advertisement

Ah, poop. Can you still at least get one kill with a suav? Flying it down a tunnel in Locker and getting twenty roadkills is taking the mickey, fine, but hitting some camping sod on the roof in flood zone should give you a kill, especially given that that easily could be fatal if you did it in real life with the thing the SUAV is based on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ah, poop. Can you still at least get one kill with a suav? Flying it down a tunnel in Locker and getting twenty roadkills is taking the mickey, fine, but hitting some camping sod on the roof in flood zone should give you a kill, especially given that that easily could be fatal if you did it in real life with the thing the SUAV is based on.

Meh, MAV booping is far more fun.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Was playing last night with some friends. There was one bastard with a UCAV that went 45:8 and 30:3 on two maps. That thing is hilariously broken. Cue my friends and I finding an empty Air Superiority server and attempting to learn how to Stealth Jet - none of us ever play jet, so it was comical trying to shoot each other down for a half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    since new patch I cant play anymore. :(

massive packet loss everytime.

So I'll give it a day or so to settle and then try again

same as here, this patch is giving me the most crashes since launch. shizzer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

“Netcode” improvement
    :eek: - he said jehova!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

“Netcode” improvement
    :eek: - he said jehova!

whoah there , all he said was that netcode wasn't good enough for Jehova

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

jonski wrote: »

whoah there , all he said was that netcode wasn't good enough for Jehova

netcode is the new n-word. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

I lost all my unlocked weapons. This happen to anyone else?

Suav stopped campy snipers IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I lost all my unlocked weapons. This happen to anyone else?
    It has happened me but its the server that had the issue not client.Try a different server to see if you still have them.
    True but it got abused by people making them even worse campers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sniper limit has the same effect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nice, the new patch has now introduced the flickering graphics bug for me, making the game significantly less playable.

Spear wrote: »
    Nice, the new patch has now introduced the flickering graphics bug for me, making the game significantly less playable.

with the amount of time and money spent on this how long before ea swoshes them on to getting the expantions out the door this game is becoming more o a train wreak with every patch they cant even resond on the forums to genuine questions and the direct x device hung error that will never be fixed seamingly its a joke a bad joke and i blame ea for destroying yet another developer this year with there damn heads up there arses they want to beat cod ? dont bloody well push a dev to release early if its good people will buy it regardless of date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Spear wrote: »

Have this now too. Every so often, the screen just goes black on me. Comes back fairly quick but plenty of time for me to end up dead.

...and that's the ACW-R fully unlocked with all the trimmings. Natty little thing, that. Now to finish levelling up the M249, M1014, DBV-12, MP7, CZ-3A1, Shorty, G18, 93R, 1911... ffs, is this a game or homework?!

...and that's the ACW-R fully unlocked with all the trimmings. Natty little thing, that. Now to finish levelling up the M249, M1014, DBV-12, MP7, CZ-3A1, Shorty, G18, 93R, 1911... ffs, is this a game or homework?!

A game , there will be no one checking to see if you have done those things .

cool, I'll just stick the taclight on my M249 so.

Hm.
    It won't let me, something about needing a battlepack and how I only need sixty more kills?

cool, I'll just stick the taclight on my M249 so.

Hm.
    It won't let me, something about needing a battlepack and how I only need sixty more kills?

I'll ask you again , did you not know this before you bought it ?

I knew I'd have a manager in my job as well, but it's not like I had the option to (a) not take a job, or (b) not have a manager :D
    And we're in the wrong thread, this is sunshine&lollipops, and we're bitching&moaning....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

QUOTE OF THE YEAR

"-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents."

They are very naive.

I have actually yet to die from it so thank god. What a stupid addition to a game, childish stuff. Can they leave all that crap with COD and other crappy shooters?

If I was them I'd have a gadget where two support can club together and after a minute or so of doing something a 50 cal could be built and used... Would be cool

Advertisement