Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Sparks wrote: »
    cool, I'll just stick the taclight on my M249 so.

Hm.
    It won't let me, something about needing a battlepack and how I only need sixty more kills?

I think Sparks is the type who buys a game like Football Manager and only picks Real Madrid or Barcelona to manager while others like the progression offered in taking Finchley Town to Champions League glory, i.e. like working through the game patiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, Sparks is a father with a toddler and no time, and who doesn't like the idea of paying the guts of a hundred quid for the game only to find he can't use the things he wants to use in them.

Basically, think this, but (much) less funny:

Mod edit: this and the preceding few posts were moved from the Sunshine and Lollipops thread.

mozattack wrote: »
    What a stupid addition to a game, childish stuff.
    Actually, it's a real thing, designed to do exactly what the SUAV in the game is supposed to do, they didn't invent the idea. Not their fault some mad scottish bastard decided to throw it at someone's face (the real thing costs $30k, there haven't been many thrown at enemy soldiers oddly enough so it wouldn't have occurred to many people to do that :D ).

And if it gives another tool to wipe campers off rooftops, I'm all for it; those chaps on Flood Zone's rooftops can turn a fun game into a pain in the fundament in nothing flat...

Actually, it's a real thing, designed to do exactly what the SUAV in the game is supposed to do, they didn't invent the idea. Not their fault some mad scottish bastard decided to throw it at someone's face (the real thing costs $30k, there haven't been many thrown at enemy soldiers oddly enough so it wouldn't have occurred to many people to do that :D ).

And if it gives another tool to wipe campers off rooftops, I'm all for it; those chaps on Flood Zone's rooftops can turn a fun game into a pain in the fundament in nothing flat...

True, anything to ruin the game of these snipers but I think allowing guys to go 49-0 with the gadget while being in their deployment is just as bad.

Yup. More balance needed. The "you can only ram one of them" idea sounds good though. And if it explodes with a little splash damage, you might get two rooftop campers for one SUAV. And since the SUAV-as-a-weapon's range is "around a corner from you and your M82 you git", all you need is one recon and one ammo crate and you can still clear an entire rooftop and get your game back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can bump them off the roofs with a MAV.

MAVs are slow and more easily shot down, I discovered last night. The SUAV is so small and fast that you don't have much chance of seeing it coming and it pretty much needs an AA missile to take it down (and if I get you to waste an AA missile on a paper plane, I think I win the moral victory :D ). Plus, if you're SUAVing, you're covering more of the map while spamming that spot key to act as an eye-in-the-sky for your teammates, right? Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

No, Sparks is a father with a toddler and no time, and who doesn't like the idea of paying the guts of a hundred quid for the game only to find he can't use the things he wants to use in them.

Mod edit: this and the preceding few posts were moved from the Sunshine and Lollipops thread.

love that routine.

Yeah, that "I'm 38. I unlocked it in a shop with a credit card. Give me my feckin content" line is classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I don't see how you can on one hand complain about snipers on a roof top and on the other hand think it's ok for a sniper with a Suav , both are part of the game but the unlimited killing power of the Suav makes it the more annoying of the two imo . Any scout chopper pilot can clear the snipers off the roof in a few seconds ( and unlock everything in the process )

• Advertisement

(a) A helo pilot who cleans off rooftops to help his team? What do you think this is, a teamwork-based game? :D
    (b) 1 SUAV and a carbine do not a sniper make....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I love it when snipers go on roofs and hills.At least i'll have alot more of these kills :D

Good link! LOL :)

Altai Range;

My game was causing trouble so I said I'd try out the JNG with x20 scope. In doing so I came across the sub-culture wookie life of spending the whole round trying to get onto the mountain peak and amass an amazing total of 3 kills and a score of 300 while everyone else plays the game as it is meant.

Pathetic

This is a big issue for PS4 (not sure about Xbox1) with the new controller. Some sense on Battlelog at last.

I went from having a pistol as my number one gun to being totally ineffective now with them over this:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770660843668/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Havent played against any of those lads so not sure if they any use.

Working fine for me but think I just got used to the random crashes.

I think those cases are more to do with investors and share prices than bugs in the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, just had a few games at celts. Had an okay night of pew pew pew. Managed 19 killstreak on rush to trololol. Last map was Zavod and ofc we had a Donkey knob who stole artillery and ran away to his own spawn. I hate such spastics.
    Even if it ment that I got good few deaths to my name, I still managed to drop in with helicopter and blow up damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ah, just had a few games at celts. Had an okay night of pew pew pew. Managed 19 killstreak on rush to trololol. Last map was Zavod and ofc we had a Donkey knob who stole artillery and ran away to his own spawn. I hate such spastics.
    Even if it ment that I got good few deaths to my name, I still managed to drop in with helicopter and blow up damn thing.

Yeah was on there too and that happened a few rounds they really need to stop the aa and arty being able to fire from spawn or even close to spawn make em useless within 100m of spawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

mozattack wrote: »
    This is a big issue for PS4 (not sure about Xbox1) with the new controller. Some sense on Battlelog at last.

I went from having a pistol as my number one gun to being totally ineffective now with them over this:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770660843668/
    Hmmm, I do find the triggers on the X1 harder to rapid fire but it seems more to do with the size and shape of them than whats in that thread, I just use the Rex :D

Hmmm, I do find the triggers on the X1 harder to rapid fire but it seems more to do with the size and shape of them than whats in that thread, I just use the Rex :D

It is a bit of a balls though; essentially means gaming has been adversely affected (although marginally is all I suppose)

Wow, but 64 player domination on shanghai sucks the sweat from a corpse's nether regions. Spawn-dead-spawn-two steps-dead-spawn-throw healthpack while in blackout-three steps while half dead-dead. Feck that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Wow, but 64 player domination on shanghai sucks the sweat from a corpse's nether regions. Spawn-dead-spawn-two steps-dead-spawn-throw healthpack while in blackout-three steps while half dead-dead. Feck that.

Still better than dawnbreaker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Used to love the shotguns in BF3 but my gawd have they been nerfed in BF4.
    You'd never really end up with great end of round figures using them but they were fun all the same, in BF4 though they certainly need a buff.

Pump actions are rarely a one hit kill even in ultra close range. When a pump action isn't one shotting there is no point to use it over a semi auto one. Both are gonna take 2 shots to down the average person but the pump action is gimped with a slow ROF. The map design being favoured to medium / long range isn't an issue, hell, I think it makes it more enjoyable becuase you've to work your way into the effective enviroments but once your there you should be able to dish out some fun but that's just not the case.

90% of the time if you come across someone with a PDW in CQC vs your shottie your gonna loose. While PDWs should have great CQC potential then they can kill quicker than a shotgun in close range somethings a miss.

Anyone any recommendations for attachment set ups for the shotties? Been sticking with iron sights, no choke (to save hip accuracy), and angled grip (of all the grips this seems the most shottie relevant).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On Hardcore i get destroyed by shotguns.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You were disconnected from EA Online (1)
    All day today.

And now I'm getting these:
    Game disconnected: something went wrong.
    As well as lag spikes and random changes in mouse sensitivity.

Hooray!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Am I the only person who somehow manages to try stab the air when I react quickly to shoot? Trying to figure out if its a game glitch or a controller issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

im moving to BF from cod coz i really got bored with COD and its quickscoping etc what is BF like, is there quick scoping and all that, what is the general online experience like is there any problems getting online

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

im moving to BF from cod coz i really got bored with COD and its quickscoping etc what is BF like, is there quick scoping and all that, what is the general online experience like is there any problems getting online

BF4 is a mess. When it's good it's great, but at the moment it's mostly ****e. For me at least. I've thoroughly enjoyed all other battlefields so it's probably just me.

It's a very different game to COD. Like ARMA bullets are physically modelled, they have drop and velocity. In older quake based games, including COD, weapons are simple line scan. So in BF your gun has massive amounts of spray unless you're holding it steady and aren't moving, so while it's possible to pull off a crazy hip fire kill with a bolt action it's not easy. Also you're likely to be run over by a tank that in the process of being C4ed by Kultu.

If you want COD thrills there is TDM and similar modes. But there is also combined arms conquest which large maps, flags to capture, snipers hiding in bushes to knife and buildings to destroy with armour.

Advertisement