Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Imagine my excitement when I picked up my shiny new gaming pc yesterday, complete with BF4. Finally, some 64 player goodness with top notch graphics, here we go...
    ERROR Game disconnected: Client closed down connection

oh, ok - lets try that again

hmm, and again

fuuuuu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Imagine my excitement when I picked up my shiny new gaming pc yesterday, complete with BF4. Finally, some 64 player goodness with top notch graphics, here we go...

oh, ok - lets try that again

hmm, and again

fuuuuu :(

is it always like this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

is it always like this

Not for me, beyond the recent SLI glitch which was fixed after 3 days or so, it's been smooth. But that only means it's possible to have no issues, there are some significant and widespread technical problems which need to be ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

antodeco wrote: »
    Am I the only person who somehow manages to try stab the air when I react quickly to shoot? Trying to figure out if its a game glitch or a controller issue!

Has always ben a controller issue for me; R3 on the PS3 controller is set to knife, so if you press down on it when trying to react quickly, you stab instead! You can change it so it goes to crouch instead, which isn't much better, but can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Jesus H ****ing zombie christ, does nobody playing on Celts understand the idea behind Obliteration? Half the team sitting miles away from the bomb trying to ****ing snipe with attack boats on paracel. It's bad enough trying to get a bug-free game, and even worse trying to survive spawning, but now we have teammates who don't even understand what the game is?

ARHG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Celts can be hit and miss its either great to play on or full of muppets, never playing zavod on it again unless one of the admins is on to kill the base attackers and aa/ artillery campers. Every time there is no admin on dicks take them up past the us spawn which is well away from the nearest flag where the other one is right beside a flag and easily camped by the opposing team. the map in general is broken as a whole.

Dont even get me started on near indestructible scout helis that give people 72-10 rounds the repairing thing needs to be stopped full stop or only one able to repair

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Dont even get me started on near indestructible scout helis that give people 72-10 rounds the repairing thing needs to be stopped full stop or only one able to repair

Soflam and four javelins = dead vehicle. There is literally no way to escape.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

When I run up to a damaged friendly vehicle with a blowtorch out, what is it they think I plan to do? Scavenge them for spare parts? Is that why they inevitably drive away to get needlessly killed a few seconds later? Or are tanks and IFVs just magnets for morons?

The latter. I also like the way support players think engineers pull rockets out of their own asses and so don't need ammo crates while shooting at the helos that are killing the entire team...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Spear wrote: »
    When I run up to a damaged friendly vehicle with a blowtorch out, what is it they think I plan to do? Scavenge them for spare parts? Is that why they inevitably drive away to get needlessly killed a few seconds later? Or are tanks and IFVs just magnets for morons?

Best thing I have found by far is drive away from them, then reverse towards them and hop out. I think I roadkilled the same guy at least 5 times before he learned.

• Advertisement

Oh, I've got that beat now. Some dumb gombeen on Celts was doing the usual drive-away-from-the-guy-with-the-repair-tool-while-screaming-for-a-mechanic thing, I finally catch up to him and repair him fully, I hop in, we drive off and straight into another tank battle, I hop out and fire off a rocket then start repairing again, only he bails, an enemy hops in and roadkills me.

FFS...

There should be a rule - any pilot bailing out of a helo with passangers while they're still alive, is instakilled and his computer kicks him in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Sparks wrote: »
    There should be a rule - any pilot bailing out of a helo with passangers while they're still alive, is instakilled and his computer kicks him in the nuts.

yep this and the ffn morons abadoning tank/ifv mid battle and letting the enemy capture them

Defib kill to humiliate a sniper. Check.
    Pistol kill to humiliate a sniper. Check. Ooo, assault rifle, just need that grenade ki.....

BF4 has stopped working. Mother fecker.

Sparks wrote: »
    Defib kill to humiliate a sniper. Check.
    Pistol kill to humiliate a sniper. Check. Ooo, assault rifle, just need that grenade ki.....

BF4 has stopped working. Mother fecker.

But got it on the next round. Go me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

No contact with EA online.. twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

ewj1978 wrote: »
    No contact with EA online.. twats.

Same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

:mad: Likewise

My son is playing but i cant join him grrr.

:P

Battlelog wrote:
    AT THIS TIME, WE ARE NOT SEEING ANY FURTHER CONNECTIVITY OUTAGES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS WE WORKED TO GET THIS RESOLVED. WE WILL UPDATE THIS WITH FURTHER INFORMATION AS AVAILABLE.
    Typical. This is what I see immediately on being disconnected from my game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So playing on Dragons Pass last night. All of a sudden I see a red marker floating around but no one under it, it seems the invisible man is an unlockable character in this game.

Got killed a few times by players being invisible.
    Then I spawn with no guns a few times.
    Then I spawn with only pistol ammo, can't even tag someone.
    Then I'm invisible as well with just a gun floating around.

I think by the end of the round, 90% of the players on both sides were invisible.
    Oh and there was also no sound or indication you were being locked onto until you were hit with some form of rocket or 20.

I swear the game actually gets worse.

On the plus side, I quite like Guilin Peaks, and I FINALLY got a kill with that useless piece of **** bomber so I may never have to use it again. Damn assignments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Tazzimus wrote: »

On the plus side, I quite like Guilin Peaks, and I FINALLY got a kill with that useless piece of **** bomber so I may never have to use it again. Damn assignments.

grrrr , that 1 kill with the bomber , still haven't got it :(

jonski wrote: »
    grrrr , that 1 kill with the bomber , still haven't got it :(
    I spent the best part of last night trying to get it, the thing is actually useless.

I lucked out and took out an LAV that had been a bit wounded and was stopped. I almost did a little dance around my sitting room when the kill came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

64 player Altai range is probably the best for geting the bomber kill. Then Silk Road, Dragon Pass & Guilin Peaks in that order.

There's a bunch of Silver Assignments that need bomber kills as well. They only unlock dogtags or Emblems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

64 player Altai range is probably the best for geting the bomber kill. Then Silk Road, Dragon Pass & Guilin Peaks in that order.

There's a bunch of Silver Assignments that need bomber kills as well. They only unlock dogtags or Emblems though.

I think one of the silver ones unlocks the cruise missile for the bomber but can be a pain in the arse to get.

I only have it on the 360.

Got a PS4 at Christmas but seeing as you can't transfer your stats as far as I'm aware between those two and the fact I've ploughed over 100 hours into it already, I'll be staying with the 360 for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I'm getting really sick of the assignments that pop up after each round saying I have completed some conditions but not saving because the planets are not in alignment, the 10 kill streak one especially!

I have also failed to get a kill with the bomber, one assignment stipulates 15 kills with the bloody thing!

I'm getting really sick of the assignments that pop up after each round saying I have completed some conditions but not saving because the planets are not in alignment, the 10 kill streak one especially!

I have also failed to get a kill with the bomber, one assignment stipulates 15 kills with the bloody thing!

Some are definitely bugged, certainly 2 China Rising ones in my case, where they're complete and working, but the assignments in-game page keeps re-showing them.

I don't remember one with a 10 kill-streak though.

The assignments for the L85 and MTAR are fecked. It says I haven't completed them yet I'm using both guns - Although I don't really like the MTAR, the L85 is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Some are definitely bugged, certainly 2 China Rising ones in my case, where they're complete and working, but the assignments in-game page keeps re-showing them.

I don't remember one with a 10 kill-streak though.
    Looking on BL its one of the Second Assault assignments.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The assignments for the L85 and MTAR are fecked. It says I haven't completed them yet I'm using both guns - Although I don't really like the MTAR, the L85 is nice though.
    Are you getting that bug where your loadout doesn't persist for the China Rising weapons if you use battlelog to manage the loadouts? You can happily rig the MTAR with an RDS, silencer and stubby in battlelog, then go into the game and your engineer has an MTAR allright, but it's in its basic iron sights and nothing else configuration. Bloody annoying.

Advertisement